It's Doing it again!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

It's Doing it again!!

now I'm confused

I went out in it tonight.. and it was GREAT! it was doing what it was supposed do, decent acceleration prompt downshifting, it was running PERFECTLY.. so I went into a restaurant for supper.. came out, cranked it up.. and it was dragging again.. WTF?! intermittent problems drive me NUTS, during the day its awful, at night, it evens out to be alittle better.. and tonight it was wonderful! I wish it was consistantly that good.

play it again sam

I would test your MAF Volts. Get a Manual to see what the spec are. back probe the wires to test at idle and raised rpms. I have heard that those oil air filters will cause the oil from filter to coat the filaments inside the MAF. ProM recommends using windex or pipe cleaner to clean the filament. It may need to be recalibrated.
Dead Link Removed Can call them and ask how to clean it they will be glad to help. The surging indicates that it is leaning out some how. I would check the throttle cable to make sure it hits stop at full peddle. I put a spacer behind the cable at the peddle connection to take up slack was only getting 3/4 throttle lol :eek:

I took a look at my haynes manual before cleaning the filter, I thought that perhaps the maf was dirty. It didn't look like much fun (or warranty safe) to do at the time, so when I removed my filter I just whiped inside the maf area with a clean white cloth, nothing came out on it, no dirt no dust, no color change, so I let it go, I read somewhere that the dealership chrages something insane like $200 labor to clean these things, is it terriblly difficult to work on?

That is probally not the best way to clean you mass air meter,you could possibly damage it.

Back