My 2013 Limited has a build and delievery estimate | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2013 Limited has a build and delievery estimate

Hey Cory,

I'm also trying to find out the status of my Explorer order (no VIN yet) ... I sent you a PM with some details, hopefully you will be able to help me...
Welcome to the forum, Ozzie! I shot a reply to your message. :)

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

....ETA moved up from 4/16 to 4/7 on my 2/8 Ltd order:D

....ETA moved up from 4/16 to 4/7 on my 2/8 Ltd order:D

Woo-hoo! Congratulations, I bet you are getting excited.

Our build date was moved from 04/09 to 04/13 :( Oh well, just as long as it gets built, lol.

I ordered a 2012 in December, found out in January that they were no longer making the 2012, so placed an order for a 2013. Was built week of Feb 20 and was expected delivery first full week in March. Still waiting and the dealership claims they know nothing. Anyone know a way I can get to the bottom of this?

I ordered a 2012 in December, found out in January that they were no longer making the 2012, so placed an order for a 2013. Was built week of Feb 20 and was expected delivery first full week in March. Still waiting and the dealership claims they know nothing. Anyone know a way I can get to the bottom of this?

jpreves,

I had a similar situation. Originally ordered a 2012 Ex on 11/15, didn't find out until 2/10 that the order was balanced out on 12/8. Dealer showed that the order was still active, but Ford said no it wasn't. Re-ordered a 2013 on 2/17 after a week of arguing with everyone. Mine was built on 3/21, ETA to dealer was 4/5, then 4/13. Got a phone call from the dealer yesterday that it just rolled off the truck. Picking it up today!

Cory will come through, he always does, but if you need instant gratification call 800-334-4375 with your VIN. While you're at it, ask about the $750 private cash rebate offer. See this thread for details.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332500

I requested a brochure online last week, I called in yesterday when I found out my Ex was in and found out I was selected to get it. Dealer confirmed yesterday, too. Getting an extra $750 off makes me feel better for the 6 month wait.

Good luck!

Delivered 4/5, picked it up 4/6 and it's AWESOME !
Pete
Pete,

That’s great news; I know you’ll love it!

Woo-hoo! Congratulations, I bet you are getting excited.

Our build date was moved from 04/09 to 04/13 :( Oh well, just as long as it gets built, lol.
I took a quick peek at my tracker and your order is in production now. :)

...Anyone know a way I can get to the bottom of this?
I can help by looking up your order status, jpreves. For me to do that, please send a PM with your VIN and/or order number & dealer code/dealer info.

Private Message Cory at Ford Customer Service. He is a member on this forum and should be able to help...
...Cory will come through, he always does...
jw2013explorer & chili-cat,

Thanks! All this inflation of my ego deserves a new word: Egoflation! ;)

Cory

Thank you everyone for the help. Cory, I sent you the information...thanks!!

It is comforting to know that I am not alone with this problem.

Thanks Cory, but what exactly does "In Production" mean? It is scheduled to be assembled on the 13th (according to the window sticker), so does in production include things like parts allocation, and then assembly is it actually traveling down the line?

It's torture waiting for it to be built!! I just hope it doesn't take too long to get to our dealership.

Thanks again for keeping us posted :)

Thank you everyone for the help. Cory, I sent you the information...thanks!!...
jpreves,

You got it! I’ll shoot a reply with an update soon. :thumbsup:

Thanks Cory, but what exactly does "In Production" mean?...It's torture waiting for it to be built!! I just hope it doesn't take too long to get to our dealership.

You’re welcome, VinceL. :) My tracker doesn’t go into that much detail, so I’ll keep a close eye on it! :D

Check in via PM when it gets to be “too much” for you. ;)

Cory

Oh, okay. That's cool. Your updates are greatly appreciated.

It is scheduled to be assembled on the 13th

Are you by chance getting a black Ex ... that will be built on Friday the 13th? LOL. ;) I guess as long as "Jason" is not the line inspector that day, all will go well.

JK, hope all goes well with your build. :salute:

LOL! We thought about that...it is going to be Sterling Gray. We are hoping we aren't jinxed. We'll have to check under the folding 3rd row to make sure there are no surprises (machetes, masks, or any other un-pleasantries) :)

LOL - awesome! When I used to do software phone support, we used to find all kinds of "midnight writer" jokes in the manual.

I hope your car comes without any "additional" jokey things :)

Currently from an order being placed for a Limited 2013 - how long is it likely to be before there is a confirmed schedule communicated back?

I ordered through the AAA car buying service in Phoenix AZ Monday 4/2/12 and want to know when I should ask them to follow-up for a schedule update?

I'm not even sure what dealer they are working through?

If it helps Its for a Blue Limited AWD, Towing, 302a package, Black interior, Captains Chairs + Console in 2nd row.

Alan

Can anyone who just got a 13 X check the top edge of the headliner by the windshield. My headliner has a completely raw edge- no weatherstripping or trim or anything... Wondering if it's normal.

Can anyone who just got a 13 X check the top edge of the headliner by the windshield. My headliner has a completely raw edge- no weatherstripping or trim or anything... Wondering if it's normal.

I'll check tonight (my wife drives the X).

Oh, okay. That's cool. Your updates are greatly appreciated.
You got it, VinceL! :D

Are you by chance getting a black Ex ... that will be built on Friday the 13th? LOL. ;) I guess as long as "Jason" is not the line inspector that day, all will go well...
That would be unlucky, Gatortailale. ;)

...I hope your car comes without any "additional" jokey things :)
FordMomof3,

What? No rubber chickens? :D

...I ordered through the AAA car buying service in Phoenix AZ Monday 4/2/12 and want to know when I should ask them to follow-up for a schedule update?...
I’m happy to help by looking up the latest status, Alan. :) For me to do that, please send a PM with your VIN or order number & dealer name/dealer info.

sbwreed,

It’s most likely normal; that edge doesn’t have any trim covering the lip. Would you be able to post pics? The service department at your dealer could also check for you.

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Cory, but what exactly does "In Production" mean? It is scheduled to be assembled on the 13th (according to the window sticker), so does in production include things like parts allocation, and then assembly is it actually traveling down the line?

It's torture waiting for it to be built!! I just hope it doesn't take too long to get to our dealership.

so should i be worried if my unit is "in production" right now and i cannot pull up the window sticker yet?

Back