New (different) Wheels! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New (different) Wheels!

I replaced my stock 01 Mountaineer wheels with some from an 02 4x4 ranger:
Before
mirrors_and_tires_007_Medium_.jpg

After:
new_wheels_v2_002_Medium_.jpg

I tried to find similar pictures, to truly reflect the difference between the wheels.

Please let me know what you think. Good or bad let me hear it-

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's too bad..

I've got the Eddie Bauer fender flares.. I want to get my tires even with the edge of the flare, but I don't really want to spend the $$ on new wheels.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope, the Ranger wheels backspacing is exactly the same as the stock wheels. I wish they stuck out more, but they don't. I am now looking for some different wheels that do.

I found out the hard way that with a wider wheel or less back spacing that rain, mud, snow & salt gets thrown all over windshield and the sides of my Mounty.

Hell, I couldnt see my running boards either because off all the snow thrown on them.

Very nice rims.
They look alot better with the larger tires.

Let's have a closeup of the mercury center caps please!!
What a fine little extra touch--I've sen it I know but I want others to be aware of the look.

Probably one of my favorite vehicles on the site man, looks great. The Mercury center caps are a nice touch.

I love it, the Ranger wheels are deff better, and what I would do if I had a V8Explorer.

Can you tell me what Explorer wheels and the maximum tire size that will fit on a 96 Ranger? I've seen bolt patterns listed as 5 X 114mm & 5 X 114.3mm. Do you know if this is actually a different bolt patter or did someone just round down?

Can you tell me what Explorer wheels and the maximum tire size that will fit on a 96 Ranger? I've seen bolt patterns listed as 5 X 114mm & 5 X 114.3mm. Do you know if this is actually a different bolt patter or did someone just round down?

Welcome to the forum!! :salute:

Check out the Tires & Wheels Sub-Forum.

Be sure to check out the "Stickies" at the top of the page. I'm betting you can find just about anything tire/wheel related there. Good luck. :biggthump

looks much better, makes the whole truck look newer!!!

Nice, my 99 Explorer just got a new set of boots Wrangler 31" x 10.5" on factory steel and Chome after adding an extra leaf to the rear springs to take away the Explorer rear end sag. When they installed the new rubber they gave them 35 P.S.I., leaving 1.5" of unused rubber on each side of the tires. Running 28 so I keep 10.5" on the road and use what I paid for. Canadian Tire had a sale on buy one get the other 1/2 Price. **** I paid $400 for four used before now all four new for $600.00. I had to trim a little slice off the front plastic to stop them from rubbing but other than that they are fantastic in the snow. Now I have to find rims to put my older but still good 31" on for the summer. Wish me luck, I was trying to find what else would fit so if Rangers do I have more to ply with.

Back