No forward & reverse after valve body gasket replacement. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No forward & reverse after valve body gasket replacement.

This is the connection that gets overlooked a lot during a valve body service.

5r55e Manual valve.jpg

ok i just replaced my valve body gasket on 2000 explorer and have no foward or reverse and i found this thread and noticed i did not hook that plunger connection back up as well.

and that plunger thing will not move please tell me i don't have to take the entire valve body gasket off to get it to move is there a few bolts i can just loosen or take off to be able to slide it

EDIT: for anyone wonder you don't have to take it completely off loosening up all the bolts helped me and i took maybe 5 or 6 out then torque them all back

I posted a thread about a week and a half ago or so 1999 Ford Explorer with 4 liter engine had bad transmission no reverse no drive but drive to drive one was there when driving about 55 miles an hour and no issues replace valve body gasket pan gasket and filter forgot about plunger butt fixed plunger issue as it was no reverse and drive afterwards filled it up with six quarts ATF reverse is there but barely same with drive. Drive 1 n 2 is good. So I'm back to the first problem need some help before I go bald from pulling all the hair out of my head thank you.

Back