OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My dealer just got a 4x4 Limited in yesterday that had the Ventus tires on it. Maybe just the early builds had the H426's. I'll find out at the end of this month what mine comes in with.

I have a FWD limited with the H426 on it. No problems so far but we have only had it a couple of days.

My Limited came with H426's. I didn't pick it up from dealership yet though.

But the H426's are not even SUV/Truck tire. It's in the car tire categories? How did they get away with putting it on?

My Limited came with H426's. I didn't pick it up from dealership yet though.

But the H426's are not even SUV/Truck tire. It's in the car tire categories? How did they get away with putting it on?

It doesn't matter as long as the load rating for the tires is within vehicle specs.

...and because technically, it's on a Car/CUV chassis... :)

Maybe a thought.... Does a 4x4 limited with the tow package have a different tire on it to accomodate a larger load rating? Just throwing it out there, I haven't compared the two yet to see.

That would make sense too. It would be nice if Ford offered a tire option of 2-3 tires to pick from, rather than rim and tire packages based on trim levels.

Would most people even know which tire they wanted anyway? I know when my parents bought the 03 they didn't like the wheel/tire combo on it and the dealership swapped the wheels and tires with another one. That would probably be hard to do right now though with so few of them on the dealer lots.

Wait, Carnivore said his Limited has the Ventus. Either someone is wrong or Ford put both Hankooks on. Maybe they switched them at some point once a Ford engineer got on tirerack and started reading? :D

I was wrong. I do not have the ventus

Just to confirm. I have a Limited 4x4 with the tow package. I know for sure they are H426's. They are also the polished aluminum 20" rims.

Does anyone really have the Ventus rather than the Optimo?

My limited with tow was built on 2/4 and am now waiting for delivery. I will post what tire comes with it.
I live in Wisconsin so the Ex will come with a block heater, just because ford nows its cold here, I am just wondering why they would put a tire on for use in light snow?

$$$$$

I have a limited with the tow package. My tires are the Optimo H426. I've had my truck for a month and drove it over snow here in NJ on several days and did a trip during a snow/ice storm to Montauk NY (for some cod fishing :))

I'm not sure what the concern is but it drives very well and I actually liked it better than my 2007 Expedition in the snow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's just the information I was looking for! TomTom; Now I can stop thinking about it and move on.
THANKS

Back