PARAGON ! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PARAGON !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Paragon!

This sounds like too much fun to miss. Our first trip up there a couple weekends ago was great!

Call the 800 number on Tank's e-mail and they will send you info. You actually get a live person and could probably ask them questions too.

Anybody who has not been up there, hit the link below for some pics from my trip.

http://home.att.net/~poet4x/ and hit the Paragon link.

I am still amazed that I got out of the place in one piece!

Hey METJEEP. I checked out your pictures. Cool job again. But I do have one question. What's up with the Isuzu Amigo? Was is stock? Did it get a boo boo? Let me know I am curious.

Paragon

Is everyone heading up to Paragon this weekend? What happened to Central PA?

Karol
explorereb96@ford-trucks.net

i dont know who is organizing this event ...its called "pocono trail fest" and i know that pa jeeps will be there and jason and larry will be trail guides... ( the best in the business ! ) and i know that b4w will also be there.

oh yeah and I WILL be there :)

the tank is going in for its fixes today and i am picking up the material for the winch mount today ... i should get the tank back in about a week and it should only take a few days to finish and mount the winch.

i have to do "pick your poison" just to beat it

then "M" trail here i come ....

Tank, do u know if at this event they will have a beginers catagory, kinda worried bout my truck, never really wheeled befor, but i still want to go(somewhere)

definately !!! there are trails that a stock truck can do. if it is anything like the OHV event someone will inspect your truck and give you a class rating for what trails you are allowed on. the guides, if they are as good as they were at OHV they will get you through any tough spots without a scratch....

for any newbies at big events ..... just a few tips.

1. trust your guide
2. take it easy.... be in complete controll of your truck
3. when on a winding trail ( like the ones that take you to the rated trails) always keep the person behind you in sight, if you round a corner .. wait till they make the turn .

Hey Tank How was the first part of Wampum? Do you think my Rig could make it? how much harder was it then the rock meadow (im not saying that the rock meadow was hard but it sure was cool) I want a litle more challeng but no much i want to gradually work my way up. May be one day i will be able to do the M trail :D

j91 .... you will love the first and second part of wampum ....definately much harder than the rock meadow but your truck will definately make it ! that is the trail that really got me hooked it is even more fun than it is dificult. and even if you get worried half way through ( i know YOU wont .... but ... ) there is an easier line in spots.

one of my favs !

cool looks like ill be signing up for the first and second part of wampum and the rock meadow so incase some of the explorers go we can do the rock meadow together .... just a thought

Ok When are you guys going? And does anyone have directions? That is if this is a public event...or do you have to be in a specific club?

Thanks
Karol
explorereb96@ford-trucks.net

i dont know if im going up thursday or friday yet ...yes i have very good directions and will post them tomorow ...(left them home) ... and yes it is open to anyone ...but limited to 200 trucks so its first come first serve...

if you are even thinking maby ....just do it ... it is some of the best wheeling there is.

Tank, let me know if you go again to Paragon lateron this year. Unluckily I'm unable to attend this time, but I really would be interested in joining you on an other occasion.

no problem ... i am going once a month ...last month i went 2 times .... i will post here whenever im planning a trip ....where are you coming from ?

I'm comming from Switzerland :D but I live now in Richmond, VA.

Eagle--

The Isuzu I remember worked pretty well, and was driven with moderate abandon. I kind of look at what was probably spent on parts to get it to that level and I am more than happy my the Jeep and Explorer.

You are right though, too much pretty paint on the truck!

well me and my buddy (J**P owner) sent our regestration papers in today will will prolly go up thurs. afternoon.

Hopefully my truck is back together by then :D

Hey tank, is the trip the 28th, is it really 3 days of wheeling fri sat and sun??? Im intereseted but still kinda in avoidance, Whats the address so i can get directions through mapquest. Im interested and going , keep me posted. how long do u think it is from Md?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, looks like I'll miss another one. :-( I'll be in Florida part of that time, driving a rental car, and probably not an Explorer unless they run out of everything else. Well, at least I can lay on the beach. :)

Back