Pics of my stealthbox modification | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pics of my stealthbox modification

Zeke

Reaction score
City, State
Marlboro, Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport
I was finally able to take some pics of my JL Audio Stealthbox modification. I did this a few months ago. The truck needs a major cleaning so dont mind the dirty panels :D

The stealthbox comes standard with a 10W1 sub. I modified it so I could put a 10W3V2 in it. I added two spacers using 3/4inch MDF for a total of 1 1/2 inches. Making the rings were a P.I.T.A.!!!!

I screwed the 1st ring to the box the screwed the 2nd ring to the 1st then mounted the sub to the 2nd ring.

I had to trim the panel to accommodate the spacers.

www.flickr.com/photos/zeke73/with/85744203/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice!!!

Thanks. Hope this will help other people with their stealthbox mods.

How hard is it to make a custom little amp rack like what you made? I really like that but I don't know alot about custom boxes/racks etc.

It was very easy to make the base and cover. I used 1/2inch MDF for everything. For the base I cut 3/4inch wide strips and screwed them to the bottom front and sides to create a 1/2inch space under the platform to hide the wires.

For the cover, I screwed the 1/2inch MDF together for 1inch of thickness and did the same for the sides of the cover. Then used velcro to attach the cover to the base.

Simple, yet very effective.

Yeah i mounted my amp on the back of my seat thing the thing that like goes on the back i think you know what im talking about and it like goes back and forth witht he weight of the amp any ideas on how to fix that?

baseballer1100 said:
Yeah i mounted my amp on the back of my seat thing the thing that like goes on the back i think you know what im talking about and it like goes back and forth witht he weight of the amp any ideas on how to fix that?

I can't figure out your question/statement. please be more specific if you can.

Looks dope. What's funny is I've seen an older stealthbox for sale locally with an older 10W6 in it. I wonder how the depths of the older box and woofer compare to the new ones?

Looks nice & clean. Not really a "stealthbox" now though. I'd rather have it hidden.

izackary said:
Looks dope. What's funny is I've seen an older stealthbox for sale locally with an older 10W6 in it. I wonder how the depths of the older box and woofer compare to the new ones?
I have a JL box with a 10W6 (not V2). I needed to build a 1/2" ring to make it fit. And it still fits behind the grill.

looks good!

It may not be stealth anymore....but i sounds damn good :)
I had the 10W3V2 in a stand alone box before I put it in the stealthbox and it sounded like crap compared to what it sounds like now.....it pounds.

Jefe said:
I have a JL box with a 10W6 (not V2). I needed to build a 1/2" ring to make it fit. And it still fits behind the grill.
I tried to do that didnt work.

Back