post pics of your HID's | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

post pics of your HID's

post pics of you HID's in action whether their in stock housing or diamond or projector housing. also tell what brand, what K too.

hope to see lots of pics :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Haven't had bad weather, make sure to ground them in a good spot.. at first I grounded the lights to these crappy screws in the front of the engine bay... my lights flickered and my oil pressure gauge would randomly have a heart attack n come back.. I found new grounds, the bolts closest to the headlights on each of the fenders... not a single problem since.. Pretty easy to install.. I suggest you take out your battery for the driver's side to get to everything... it's a pain in the ass.. I didn't.. but I have kinda small hands.. lol..

If you have the stock intake, you're going to have to take it out probably to get to the passenger crap...

Any other questions, or needed pictures.. just ask..

I'll get some road shots tonight.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Low
S8003421.jpg

High
S8003422.jpg

man they look pretty good. can't wait to get mine.

here are mine

here are mine.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191157/2
they are 6k and they are bright.

Recently I got another pair of 6k for my wife's avalon, buth they look even brighter... may be because they are newer? I go them from these guys http://vvme.com/catalog/list-s-10145-10146.html they were about $50.00 and s&h was about 25.00... they look average, but they are japanese/german/something with hella technology... they have 14 months warranty.... but the company is in china... it took them like 3-4 weeks to get them to me.

they did not include a fuse cable, just straight plug in to/from ballast to/from oem connectors.

here are mine.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191157/2
they are 6k and they are bright.

Recently I got another pair of 6k for my wife's avalon, buth they look even brighter... may be because they are newer? I go them from these guys http://vvme.com/catalog/list-s-10145-10146.html they were about $50.00 and s&h was about 25.00... they look average, but they are japanese/german/something with hella technology... they have 14 months warranty.... but the company is in china... it took them like 3-4 weeks to get them to me.

they did not include a fuse cable, just straight plug in to/from ballast to/from oem connectors.

just got mine today. ordered them sat or sunday nite and came today. pretty fast for it coming from china. i remembered i ordered an intake from canada for my honda and it took like a month. can't wait to install them, doing that tomorrow after work.

If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask.. I ran into a few issues here and there.

Ha...just order a set for the Explorer:thumbsup:

Should go nicely with the diamond cut lenses that I have.

I'll have to take before and after pics this time;):p:

If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask.. I ran into a few issues here and there.

ok. just tried installing them today. i can't get them into the headlight. are they suppose to be this tight. figured i'd ask u and not try to cram it inthere. also did u use a relay. in the instructions, it showed the pic with the relay. not sure. but i'll attempt again tomorrow. also i can't get the intake cover off. one of the bolts spins in the screw fastener. deal with this tomorrow. thanks.

on the 9007 bulbs they have 3 little slots (like look like the peace sign). 2 on the lower sides and one up parallel. install it this way or keep twisting it till it fits in

ok if i get them in there how do i fit the ring that locks the bulb in

They should fit in there just fine, the problem is fitting your hand in there with the bulb and trying not to hit it on anything... uhm...

You got single beam, didn't you?

What kinda intake do you have? The box or the Circle thing?

i got the dual beam. and just the stock intake. so the box. what were the snags u had.

Finding where to put the Ballasts, trying to squeeze my hand around crap on the driver's side.

At first I had the wiring harness backwards, as if the battery was on the passenger side...

Don't unscrew the MAF from the box, loosen the hose clamp and pull the intake tube off the MAF, then pop all the clips holding the top of the airbox on.. and take it off.... then go to the side of your vehicle.. and pull the airbox up and toward you.. [While you have it out, take the Air Silencer out.. and change your filter (if needed) ]

Here's my pictures of my HID Install.

Put the grounds here, unless you can find a good place on the frame the wires will reach to. [Fender Bolts]
S8003413.jpg

Ballast Placement
S8003412.jpg

S8003411.jpg

Relay Box Placement
S8003410.jpg

thanks for the helpl . just got done putting them in. everything seems to work fine. only probably is the passenger side bulb is kinda loose. i had trimmed the tabs in the ring to get them to fit over the bulb. real test be tonight, if no flickering or anything then this pretty easy. thaks

You shouldn't have had to trim anything.. make sure your grounds are perfect.. or you'll get flickering issues..

OMG! I know what you did... No! You need to go get some new rings.. go to a junk yard...

They fit Perfectly...

Put the rings on the headlight housing.. and just put your hid bulb in.. there's an unlock and lock position when you twist the bulb that works perfectly with those rings...

Do you have msn?

damn. i guess i'm gonna have to go the junkyard or dealer. does it matter what year x? also i think i wired them up wrong. sorry no msn. i think hi is lo and lo is hi. forget how the beam pattern goes.

whitelimited sorry bout this. i'll post pics up as soon as i get my cam back and figure how to upload them here.

whitelimited sorry bout this. i'll post pics up as soon as i get my cam back and figure how to upload them here.

Its all good man but if you need help with something make a thread for the subject at hand you need help with...Haha...

Then again I'm not a mod on this site...

Back