post pics of your HID's | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

post pics of your HID's

post pics of you HID's in action whether their in stock housing or diamond or projector housing. also tell what brand, what K too.

hope to see lots of pics :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay, im lost again...... if i buy the clear lenses and do the hid conversion the best way to get the best cut off line and brightness is to remove the bulb cover cap thinger? Im sorry if i seem dumb, every time im on the computer im hungry and get loopy:confused:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

^^ Lol, and yes that is the best way. Take off the interior reflector

^^ Lol, and yes that is the best way. Take off the interior reflector

Saw how yours look and thought I would try taking out the reflector, so went out and looked to see what I had to do, and forgot i would have to take out the headlight assembly. I don't feel like having to re-align my headlights so I guess this will be done another day... lol

Heres a pic of my headlights to date.

6000k uptop and 3000k projectors on the bottom.
DSC00928.jpg

Heres a pic of just a projector
DSC00927.jpg

Was that yours? And was that just the conversion kit or projectors in clear lenses?

It was supposed to be an exhaust clip, but I threw in video as well. Projectors ripped out of a BMW and retrofitted into clear cuts. Check the cut off line in the video. 8k bulbs as shown in my sig

IMG00184.jpg

MY HID'S IN THE DAY TIME

IMG00186.jpg

ANOTHER DAY TIME SHOT

anton how many k hids is that 6k or 8k or what

They are 8000K

looks awesome i eventually wanna get the 8000k hids for my headlights and the 3000k yellow hid fogs for my sport.

Also i wanna put 8000k hids in my caddy as well

i just bought the vvme kit. ill get pics of them installed and the light output when they arrive with a before and after pic of my silvterstars vs hids

im getting my clear lenses tommorrow, now rather then poppin out the housing again would it be okay if i removed the cap before i got my hids? And how hard would it be to remove it?

hids came in today. 6000k bi xenon from that place thats advertised in this post a few pages back. shipping was extremely fast. i ordered them last week, i believe friday morning they were shipped out, and the made it into canada yesterday and were at my door. i dont have any pics of the light output yet as i jsut put them in and it isnt dark yet but some pics of the wiring. first off, its a plug and play kit with a relay and the factory driver side plug activates the system. ballasts and igniters are built into one unit which is nice aswell. everything is extremely straight forward to install. its essentially plug and play but gets hardwired into the car for a better power source.

so onto the pics. took them with my cell phone as the sun had started to go down so the pics arent the best. also the glare isnt that bad. the 5000k hids i had in my cavalier had more glare than these.

pass side. evreything fits great and i used an existing hole to mount the bracket and then a self tapping screw for the ground on that side and put it into the rad support. also this kit only needs one headlamp plug to operate which means that one gets left exposed. so i jsut taped the crap out of it and tucked it away.

DSC03288.jpg

driver side. everything is zip tied out of the way and with the plastic cover on everything is completely hidden
DSC03289.jpg

i ran the pwoer wire to the fuse panel on the driver side. there are 2 terminals there. tucked the wire behind the battery and its out of the way like that.

DSC03290.jpg

the relay and ground wire for the driver side light. ground i hooked up to the ground at the rad support with a handful of other factory grounds and i zip tied the relay out of the way between the battery and rad support

DSC03291.jpg

and some pics of the lights on

DSC03292.jpg

DSC03293.jpg

DSC03294.jpg

again the glare isnt that bad when looking at the lights. the camera just had a hard time picking up the light. if i dont forget ill get my digi cam out and get some better pics this week to compare. all in all the install took a little over an hour. partially because i was having a bit of an issue fitting one of the bulbs into the light. there doesnt appear to be a slot like the 9007 bulbs have but you still need to twist the little suckers until they fit into place.

low beams
DSC03296.jpg

high beams
DSC03297.jpg

you can see the high beams arent throwing as much light, i think its because the bulb gets further into that plastic shroud.

Back