Ranger Deavers on Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ranger Deavers on Explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think those will work. I think the Ranger leafs are mounted outside the frame and ours are not. You could call and ask if they could fab something up for the EX though.

looking @ the picture, the ranger ones look to be mounted on the outside of the framerails..and the explorer has them mounted with a hangar and shackle attached to the framerail itself underneath.... however... it looks all bolt on... so....

Arvin, they wont work. i tried putting ranger deavers on my ex and it just dont sit right. the legnths are wrong and the rear of the ex is way to heavy.

lame-o. that kit was overpriced anyways, u kno if deaver has a set made for explorers?

That kit is way $$$$$, and completely custom on a Ranger, let alone an Explorer.

You should be able to contact any of the major leaf manufacturers with your specs, and get customs made for under $500.

The ranger leaf pack is a different length than the explorer. Not to mention you'd have to deal with how much lift they'd actually give you on an explorer.

Deaver has 'standard' packs for the explorer. 0", +2", +6", and maybe others. I think they were around $350 for the pair. Or you can go custom. I think I paid $600 or so, to accomidate the extra 1000 lbs I've got in the rear.

that is hella expensive

I think they also wont work because you need to have flipped shackles, clarkkent if you find anything for the ex lemme know because i was wanting some deavers too.

I saw a pair of deavers for a Ranger in the Recycler the other day :rolleyes:

"DEAVER Leaf Springs for for Ford Ranger, about 3 hours total on springs and lengthened shackles. $550, 8-9 springs in the pack. Great for a desert Pre-Runner."

Back