RCD RANGER 4" coilover kit for "4x4" !! | Page 30 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RCD RANGER 4" coilover kit for "4x4" !!

Damn didn't wanna wait 6 months heh. might not be able to afford it until then anyways. I just really wanted to lift my truck for the summer :rolleyes:

anyone else got a 2nd opinion about tuffcounty?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

spindles? so is that for 2wd?

Someone did PM me one day asking about this kit! I believe they said they were going to go with it. Maybe he will chime in and tell us if he's going to go through with it. To be honest - if I would of heard about this kit before I bought my lift kit - I would of gone with it. I would love to get rid of the Torsion Bars!

-Drew

Ive got a question, ive got an 01 sport, what kinda mods would i need to do to put the 5" RCD ranger lift on? from what i can tell the fronts basically the same but what about the rear? i already have AAL's in would i have to do a SOA? w/ some shackles or somthing?

thats what i would do. RCD in the front, and SOA in the rear. it would be the easiest by far, as well as be a very strong lift.

ExplorerDMB said:
Someone did PM me one day asking about this kit! I believe they said they were going to go with it. Maybe he will chime in and tell us if he's going to go through with it. To be honest - if I would of heard about this kit before I bought my lift kit - I would of gone with it. I would love to get rid of the Torsion Bars!

-Drew
So this kit will work with '97-'01 4x4 Explorers? it would work with the rear as well? I thought the superlift did not use SOA?

r37ribution said:
So this kit will work with '97-'01 4x4 Explorers? it would work with the rear as well? I thought the superlift did not use SOA?

It should work just fine, as the RAnger and Explorer are nearly identical. The kit does not have an SOA. What he was saying is that you would have to do a SOA in the back to match the maount of lift the kit gives in the front.

DocVijay said:
What he was saying is that you would have to do a SOA in the back to match the maount of lift the kit gives in the front.

exactly, thanks for clearing it up for me......

smamales said:
If you guys want to save some money i'm in tight with the guys at tuffcountry and there kit will be out in six months and is going to be priced way cheaper than any of them so if you can wait i would. oh specs on it is 4'' it come with all new spindles and has steering like the rcd kit and it be made for the X. Just an FYI :D
any news on if this is definately gonna come out?

I found the ranger kit for relatively cheap compaired to the 2,600-3,000 I was seeing before. Check it out: http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/fd4_Rgr98+.htm

DirtDemon85 said:
Think RCD wants to sell just the front portion? LoL im really debating doing this on my 01 sport or just going all out and putting an sas within the next month... :eek: Decisions Decisions...
I doubt it. . because then they'd know you were putting it on an explorer and we can't have that :nono: . . . :rolleyes:

hey dirt, was lookin at your link.
your explorer looks really good with that b/l.
i am curious, however, where you got your fantastic hp figures.
you must have a supercharger to run sub-15 sec quarters. right?

DirtDemon85 - is that a late model '01 cuz you have a 3rd gen and '01 was 2nd gen???

m3m3s1s - he doesn't have a SC yet...

Jefe said:
I doubt it. . because then they'd know you were putting it on an explorer and we can't have that :nono: . . . :rolleyes:

whats so bad about putting it on an X? since they went into all the design and fabbing of the suspension of the ranger, they should be aware that it will bolt up. not to mention that I have also heard that the Ford part numbers for much of the front suspension are the exact same for an X. jus my 2 pennies

i know he doesnt have a s/c yet, but if you read his cardomain page he thinks he does. :confused:

and jefe was merely being sarcastic because explorer owners usually get a raw deal in the aftermarket.
if i remember correctly, rcd didnt market this to explorers for insurance reasons...they think all of us will :roll:

now we have $.04 :D

ok, after reading 30 pages i still didn't see if anyone has put the RCD ranger kit on there explorer. Is there anyone out there that is put the kit on there explorer?

i read a ton of these posts too and i got the vibe that most of the people thought it was too much money and would rather do a SAS than get an IFS lift kit for around the same price so thats probably why we havent heard of anybody having the kit

yeah, rediculous price for a crappy axle anyway. we're up to $.06

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back