RCD RANGER 4" coilover kit for "4x4" !! | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RCD RANGER 4" coilover kit for "4x4" !!

Guys with two wheel drive check out camburg they just came out with a kit for the ranger edge and are in the works of a long travel kit for that modle. As for me I anxiously waiting to see the RCD on Explorer to see if it will work if not back to SAS Idea for my 97 Sport.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just bringing this back to the top...................

Did ANYONE get one of these? Or hear of someone that did? Did this kit even become reality?

Robb said:
Just bringing this back to the top...................

Did ANYONE get one of these? Or hear of someone that did? Did this kit even become reality?

I was gonna do this but I thoght why don't I just do a SAS for amount of $$$

Yes, this kit is a reality. We're shipping them. As far as if anyone has put one on a Exploder... Not sure. I haven't heard of it being done yet.

The kit was featured on TRUCKS TV last week.

Serious??? Damn, I missed it... Oh well, they always have re-runs!!!

Is the front end of the 99 ranger and the 99 Explorer Sport, the same if so I would definately be doing one after the 1st of the year!!!!

well...that was 20 pages of reading for nothing...kinda disappointing
skipped to the end and seems like it died off.
im still subscribing just in case someone tries it out.
whats the word on yours dominicanX?

yeah seriuosly..... DID ANYONE EVER GET ONE OF THESE? are they still available? and if so, how much?

You can find them for as little as 2200. I don't know of anyone that has fitted this to an X yet. However, I did see a 01 Sport with this kit on eBay a year or so ago.

$2200 for the wholek it, front and back? todd.

It's for a Ranger so the kit only comes with AAL's and blocks I think?!?!? Don't quote me on that though. I learned about it from Googling the kit.

hmm, i wonder how much you could sell the AAL and shackles to some ranger guys for, at least get some of your money back. i still wanna see someone with this on their ex.

i would be interested in just the spindles to correct of steering geometry after a large torsion twist.

how hard is it to modify a coil over kit from a 1st gen, and make it work for a 2nd gen (if it's possible). todd.

ahh, thanks.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you guys want to save some money i'm in tight with the guys at tuffcountry and there kit will be out in six months and is going to be priced way cheaper than any of them so if you can wait i would. oh specs on it is 4'' it come with all new spindles and has steering like the rcd kit and it be made for the X. Just an FYI :D

Back