Rubicon in July.... | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rubicon in July....

Tdavis
The inn is the Gold Country Inn it's in Plascerville on Broadway, very easy to fine, and great people who run it. Last time we were up there a friend had to spend extra time on the trail, and the people at the inn held their rooms over for them and didn't charge for the extra night. In fact they (the inn people) were very worried about the guys up on the trail, asked about getting the rangers or someone up to help. Good people.

Hummmm large bills huh, I seem to have rather large electric and water bills just laying around here. ;-)

three more wakeups and we are on the road to the Rubicon
jerry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jerry, just in case I don't make it to the Inn until later Thursday, what time would you want to meet out in front on Friday morning? If all goes well, I should be able to find you thrusday afternoon.

Mat

Tdavis
hummm Well not too many lifted Explorers up there, so I would think that we (the lifted Explorer) would be easy to spot,:) But on the off chance we miss one another we could all meet at the inn at (lets see 8-9 hours driving time, leave here at about 7:30 humm that puts us in at about 3:30 to 4:30)say about 5:00 or so. They do roll up the sidewalks in Plascerville at about 9:00 p.m.

Mat
As for the next morning (hehehe back to food) the waffle house opens at abot 6:00 A.m. Soooo on the road bye 7:30ish if all runners are ready to roll. That puts us at Loon Lake befor 9:00. This sound ok to everyone???
jerry

Chad, and I are leaving right now for Portland tonight, and Placerville tomorrow! See ya guys there!!!

Mat

PS: We are so pumped!

Last post befor we leave tomorrow morning. Had a bad thing happen to day, was towing the j**p thing around alittle to make sure it would tow ok. Well the temp gage went nuts, radiator threw all it inards out (this is not good),. Ok quick down to the local shop, whewwwww new radiator and fan clutch, all is fine again.
ROAD TRIP TO THE RUBICON

jerry

see Rubicon Carnage thread..

I started another thread, so some of the information from both Rubicon runs can be kept in the same thread.

Please post there!

Back