Ouray in July | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ouray in July

Have fun! :thumbsup:

That's our plan :D

Anyone else coming? Hoping I will drive up the 15th and be there late afternoon.

Alpine loop (Cinnamon/Engineer) on the 16th?

If you guys are departing on the 17th I think I will drive to Telluride that day via one of the many trails (likely Ophir or Last Dollar) and then take the backroads into Moab which is something I have always wanted to do and then go home from there.

I figure the TX crew is staying at the KOA, anyone planning to camp out in the forest?

Sounds good, Brian! Yeppers, we will be at the KOA.

I couldn't get vacation time in July this year. I will be staying in Telluride the 2nd thru the 9th of August. I'm taking the new to me Explorer and wheeling a couple of days. If anyone is going to be in the area then holler at me.

That bites, would of been great to meet and wheeled with you.

..I've been following a NASCAR driver wheeling a heep all over Ouray this past week..

..Yesterday he said they were doing Black Bear to Telluride and I know he already did Engineer, California, and a few others while posting pics..

..:scratch:..let me see if I can find a link..

Excellent, Ted!!! That means Black Bear is opened, the last I checked Imogene was going to be opened this weekend hopefully.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Well...I can't find any info from today's trip report..They posted a pic that they were in the pool in Ourayn yesterday eve...

..Found yesterday afternoons # ..whatever that is..
http://instagram.com/p/p7aHvPMl8O/

..and I'm not sure if they ran Black Bear as his report went out this morning the Heep wouldn't start and I saw a picture of it on a tow truck..:rolleyes:

I have some friends in 2 weeks riding in the Telluride 100 mountain bike race. Can you imagine riding up Black Bear Pass from Telluride on a bicycle?

I have some friends in 2 weeks riding in the Telluride 100 mountain bike race. Can you imagine riding up Black Bear Pass from Telluride on a bicycle?

Heccccckkkk no!

I'll be there but without the Ford. I'm bringing the Jeep.

I'll be there but without the Ford. I'm bringing the Jeep.

Deadman is bringing his jeep, you won't be alone! It's about the wheelin' and getting together with other EF'ers! :biggthump

Deadman is bringing his jeep, you won't be alone! It's about the wheelin' and getting together with other EF'ers! :biggthump

..Ok..:shifty_ey...I know there's a dang like button around here somewhere..:scratch:

I'll be there along with my wife and daughter 7/13-7/19 as part of the Full Size Jeep Invasion. We've been every year since 2006 (with the exception of last year). I even took my Explorer and tagged along. Great group who will also be staying at the KOA! Three years ago I finally took a FSJ, 2 years ago we flew out and rented a baby Jeep for a day, and this year I'll be taking my dad's Grand Wagoneer again--I'm trying to work the bugs out for him before he actually goes, maybe next year.

FSJ info thread: http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2957

Be sure to come by and say, "hi!"

:roll:

I'll be there along with my wife and daughter 7/13-7/19 as part of the Full Size Jeep Invasion. We've been every year since 2006 (with the exception of last year). I even took my Explorer and tagged along. Great group who will also be staying at the KOA! Three years ago I finally took a FSJ, 2 years ago we flew out and rented a baby Jeep for a day, and this year I'll be taking my dad's Grand Wagoneer again--I'm trying to work the bugs out for him before he actually goes, maybe next year.

FSJ info thread: http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2957

Be sure to come by and say, "hi!"

:roll:

Will look for you there so we can do a little bs,ing!!!! :chug:

Check out some of the other threads at FSJnetwork in the Ouray section for more info. We'll be in site 47B. Looks like there'll be a BBQ/potluck night on Wednesday (post up there if you're interested) and a raffle (date TBD) which the proceeds benefit Ouray Mountain Rescue. Everyone we've been there with has been cool and like-minded fellow wheelers are always welcome. They put up with us taking an Explorer for 2006-2009! We basically take over the back camping section at the KOA (see the map at the link above). The only things that might seem alien are discussing frequent vapor lock issues, obsolete transfer cases, and other old-iron-related things. There's usually one big "party" night for everyone to share stories and lies. Looking forward to it! :bounce:

Further proof they're a great crowd--helping me (in the yellow/orange shirt laying down) work on my Explorer in 2010 when we took it out there IMMEDIATELY after finishing the solid axle swap and I was having issues with a leaking rear hub (actual problem--my severely sleep-deprived brain forgot to reinstall the outer hub bearing). No exaggeration--we finished the SAS, loaded the Ex on the trailer, and headed for Ouray, napping at a rest stop somewhere in central KS and only really sleeping until we got to Salida, CO.

For the full story about that start at post# 88 in my SAS thread in my sig.

ExplorerOuray2010.jpg

Sounds like a plan !!!! We normally get the same area you are in, but we do not know which site we have, last year one of us did have 47B, good site with plenty of room.

I can't answer for my ugly bros, but will bring it up to them, plus I am sure Gene has questions about his 95 Jeep, I know I do.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll, :burnout:

That sucks! We're overnighting in Limon tonight. We'll NE at the KOA tomorrow evening! What sites are you guys going to be in?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Down again right now, not sure what sites we got. If nothing else goes wrong we will be in tonight. (another tire on one of the tow rigs, the air compressor at the Walmart we was t broke down and then he blew the other remaining tire on the way to get them mounted, but he took my truck with the tires to go get them mounted and then we will get back on the road when he gets back, hopefully for good) :roll:

Back