Keep on wheelin John Rock
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
York, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer
Easymac, Deadman, and myself are gonna do a summer trip to Ouray, the more the merrier.

140529_0005_zpsf0ddda13.jpg

Plan to arrive 13 July with our departure date of 17 July.
tried to get the dates to be in sync with another EF'er who makes the trip in July, but couldn't get the dates to jive.

My responses will be slow since I don't take my lap top on the road with me anymore.

This is not a CCR run.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmm, maybe!!

:biggthump

I meet a Colorado native when I was picking up critters in Delta, (between Montrose and Grand Junction) and he is interested joining us for a day or us linking up with him and his wife near Black Canyon to run that area. It all depends on how much ranch work he has going on at the time.

If you follow the Expedition Overland videos, they'll be in Ouray for the FJ Summit the 16th thru the 20th.

Going to Ouray is on my list for the summer. Black Bear still has 4 feet of snow on it though.

If you follow the Expedition Overland videos, they'll be in Ouray for the FJ Summit the 16th thru the 20th.

Going to Ouray is on my list for the summer. Black Bear still has 4 feet of snow on it though.

Never followed the Expedition Overland, but will keep and eye out for them.

Hopefully even in the San Juan mountians the passes will be clear, since most them don't open till mid-June anyhow.

I know Monarch Pass is just patches now, but that don't mean the Telliride area is clear.

I was up in your neck of the woods the last couple weeks, Littleton, Aurora, Denver, Lakewood, etc.

I'm going to stick this thread to the top of the forum.

We still haven't made any plans for our summer escape from Arizona so we'll definitely keep this in mind.

I'm going to stick this thread to the top of the forum.

We still haven't made any plans for our summer escape from Arizona so we'll definitely keep this in mind.

Thanks Rick!!! :cool:

I'd like to go, but am not sure I can swing it.

We are heading to the Mojave Road and Death Valley in September.

I'd like to go, but am not sure I can swing it.

We are heading to the Mojave Road and Death Valley in September.

Would be great to wheel with you Scott, making Mojave and Death Valley is still on my bucket list!! (just got to win the lottery)

I just got back from a weekend of playing near the Ouray area (but still a little north) and there is still some snow across those top peaks.

Hoping it should be gone by mid-July, the difference in one week was very noticeable. If any is left hopefully it will just be enough to make it a little more fun.

I'll be in Telluride on my honeymoon first week or so of September, wish it were a couple weeks earlier, would be nice to do some runnin with someone while we are there.

I'll be in Telluride on my honeymoon first week or so of September, wish it were a couple weeks earlier, would be nice to do some runnin with someone while we are there.

Congrats on your upcoming honeymoon!! :biggthump

Beautiful area to be spending a honeymoon. Keep an eye out on the threads, normally the CCR takes place the first week of September, you might be able to link up with some folks then, depending on where the CCR takes place at in Colorado.

Thanks! And I didn't realize that was going on at that time, good idea.

As always the Mcfarlin way wait till the last minute. We will be leaving in two weeks, just getting around to getting rige ready :D

Two ugly bro puting winch on Genes jeep (or trying too)

Quary2014002.jpg

Mike trying to put calibers on the Dr Jack
Quary2014008.jpg

Quary2014005.jpg

Quary2014004.jpg

I was up around 12,000 feet this weekend and the trail was blocked by 3-4 feet of snow. Totally different area though.

I've been keeping an eye on the pass conditions also, of course Black Bear and Imogene are still closed, hoping them to be opened by the time we get there, if not we just enjoy our trip we have been planning on for years on the trails that are opened.

As always the Mcfarlin way wait till the last minute. We will be leaving in two weeks, just getting around to getting rige ready :D

Two ugly bro puting winch on Genes jeep (or trying too)

Us wait until the last minute, naw.:D
I'm surprised that the right size tap to retap the threads in the mount points in his bumper was in your tool box. :hammer:

Anyone else coming? Hoping I will drive up the 15th and be there late afternoon.

Alpine loop (Cinnamon/Engineer) on the 16th?

If you guys are departing on the 17th I think I will drive to Telluride that day via one of the many trails (likely Ophir or Last Dollar) and then take the backroads into Moab which is something I have always wanted to do and then go home from there.

I figure the TX crew is staying at the KOA, anyone planning to camp out in the forest?

I couldn't get vacation time in July this year. I will be staying in Telluride the 2nd thru the 9th of August. I'm taking the new to me Explorer and wheeling a couple of days. If anyone is going to be in the area then holler at me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..I've been following a NASCAR driver wheeling a heep all over Ouray this past week..

..Yesterday he said they were doing Black Bear to Telluride and I know he already did Engineer, California, and a few others while posting pics..

..:scratch:..let me see if I can find a link..

Back