TarHeel085's Coilover swap | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TarHeel085's Coilover swap

well the time has come, and the money made itself availible. I had another thread asking about shocks because i wanted to know what length coilover to get, i made this one cause izwack and froader were complaining about the second page :rolleyes: :D i decided on getting Fox 2.0"x5.0" Emulsion shocks, non resevoir. they are 16.40" extended 11.30" collapsed with 5.10" of travel and also utilizing the spherical bushing kit for the Fox 2.0

p_offroad_coil_20x58_emulsion_l.jpg
ORW-Fox-Bushings-01-Full.jpg

simply because, i wont be running the baja in it, and i dont see off road in it very much any more. i got real tired of the groaning, popping, and overall crappy ride that cranked torsion bars give. for right now i ordered just one shock, to fab up everything.

KICKER BARS SCRAPPED!!

warrior_shock_conversion_mount_c.jpg

warrior_universal_shock_mount_c.jpg

for now im going to use these to mount the shocks for mock up, and depending on how thick they are they may remain permanant.

Other then that, i think that ive covered everything, except for the springs. Im thinkin that some eibach 300lb springs, to get a nice ride and also good height without cranking them all the way! if anyone has any suggestions just let me, i need all the advice i can get!

Back