who has the most ttb/independent flex?? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

who has the most ttb/independent flex??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i bet if i removed my frotn sway bar i could get better front end travel

fine front diff what ever you want to call it.... any ways so does anything hit on top of your dif. like does your dif make contact with the fram or drop mount for your ttb arm??

Oh you're asking above the diff...
Only thing it hits is the stock bumpstop (not extended down or anything).

As for "Pot", that was just one I hadn't heard yet, normally I see it as: Pig, Chunk, Pumpkin, Diffy, 3rd, and probably a couple more I'm forgetting.

Froader, that's pretty damn good if you were pulling 13" on stock RAs. I bet all those bushings under there had to be screaming in agony though :eek:

Froader, that's pretty damn good if you were pulling 13" on stock RAs. I bet all those bushings under there had to be screaming in agony though :eek:
Probably, but I never had them crack or shred, thankfully. :)

It was spring under with the Trail Master lift, which includes lift leaf springs. It's been to hell and back

Here is the "story" on it after I owned it. It was a nice looking truck again two years ago, but haven't heard anything about it for a while.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145239&highlight=fenderguy

Couple pics of it in Big Bear '06.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1447460&postcount=48
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1447461&postcount=49

ok i must say im impressed with the amout of flex a ttb can get...now my question, i have a 94, 3 inch bl, and 3 susp lift.. would i get better flex with a longer ra? if so, how much longer should it be?im getting reddy to go throu and change most of my front end and seeing what i can do with my ra's.

anyone else???? i know there is more ttb explorers on here then just these!!!

hmmmmmm I dont have any good flex pics, lets see what I can find

here's Brett Grooms 94 sport on the RTI ramp measuring for new shocks:
brettramp.jpg

brettramp2.jpg

Brett has:
cut and turned d35 TTB beams (same as mine) with 1.5" width built in and a 3" cut and turn at the pivot
Duff 2" drop brackets
Duff early style extended arms, flipped left to right (upside down)
stock steering with drop pitman arm
Duff dual shock hoops
JKS sway bar disco's

Here's my BII, I should get some flex shots, lord knows I have had one of my front tires 3' in the air before, just never get pics!
2005:
2893slaughter1.jpg

My beams (bretts similar)
2893beams.jpg

TTB old pic:
2893jamiefulldroop.jpg

Moab golden crack bottomed out:
2893carc_web.jpg

My truck is 93 explorer dana 35 ttb
Cut and turned beams
Stupidlift Stupidrunner steering, rebuilt and customized
Stupidlift drop pitman arm
Stupidlift extended brake lines
Skyjacker radius arms and trans x member, rubber bushings, no nylon rings
Duff early style (cast) 2" pivot drop brackets
Skyjacker 6" coils with F-150 spring seats and J clip retainers
no sway bar
Rancho 9012's (totally shot now!! LOL)

Not nearly enough travel for me anymore, wheeling with the big dawgs from this forum = drooling wanting 20"+ BII can hang with them currently so twice the travel = monster!

nice truck! like your b2!

cmon now. nine hundred and some number views and this is as many replys? gosh lets see some more ttb pride!!

NOT a Explorer but TTB?

1. a picture of it
http://www.rmftc.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=21&pictureid=152
2. what mods you have
Skyjacker Class 2 6"
3. what was your rti score.(if you have ramped a rti ramp)
Don't know
4. how many inches of travel you have and what are you going to do to gain more in the future.
I measure 9.5" in front and 12" rear

Not as much as the big dogs....

tbars why dont you post up??? you still have ttb dont you??

"who has the most ttb/independent flex?? "

...I don't have the most flex...and the guys that do have already posted...:dunno:

....My Ranger and my X flex pics are withe the average guys over here...:(
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151798

...I know these are not close to the other flex pics but I thought I would add them...A couple old pics of my X with the Red fenders, no sway bars, but strapped...

th198ye7.jpg

th210up8.jpg

th216ey4.jpg

th207il6.jpg

img3598mediumwe1.jpg

mudrocksnow049is6pa5.jpg

cmon post up some more! i dont care if you have very little flex, just show it and tell what you have!!

kind of hard to see the front in this picture, but it's the best i've got right now. she's stock except for shackles in this pic. give me a couple weeks and i'll post better ones with the new suspension.:thumbsup:

Picture010.jpg

can someone please explain what TTB stands for and pics of it? I think I know what it looks like, but am still lost. and have no idea what TTB stands for.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Twin Traction Beam. It's the name for the type of axle used in 91-94 Explorers, ans similar generation Rangers, Broncos and F-series.
In axle evolution, it came after solid axles, and before A-arm IFS.

Back