who has the most ttb/independent flex?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

who has the most ttb/independent flex??

hey 4x4junkie. does you front pot hit anything??? it looks like it would! lol im sure it doesnt cause if it did you would prolly change something

My "pot"? :wtf:
Not sure I've heard that one yet... (guessing front diff).

I made a nice skidplate for it that covers the lower face of the beam and runs under the bottom of the housing to protect the rear part. It's not real often that it hits though (more often it's the rear 8.8 that hits everything).

Edit:
here's a (unfinished) pic:
skid.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why did my post get deleted? it's who has the most ttb and INDEPENDENT flex right?
1st gen TTB suspension. It's in the 1st gen forum...

And even then, did you think you're front end had the same or more than any other truck pictured?

1st gen TTB suspension. It's in the 1st gen forum...

And even then, did you think you're front end had the same or more than any other truck pictured?

I didn't see that it was posted in the 1st gen forum but it sais independent also...first gens arnt independent, second gens are and yes I have prob. close to the same amount of flex as 924dr4x4 post number 13.-If you don't believe me look at my cardomain page on page 4 under snow flex.

The title of the thread is "who has the most ttb/independent flex??" So 1993fordexploere who started this thread could you tell us if this is for 1st gens only? I saw a second gen in here earlier thats the only reason I posted. If it is only for TTB you should probably erase independent to prevent any further confusion.

ttb is independent suspension.

"ttb/independent" means "post your 91-94 ttb flex (not you sas jackasses)". :)

Ey yo yo yo, that TTB suspension is so independent, it files under its own IRS-1040...

cheese_vapors_mw.gif

The new AutoFAB Dana 44 TTB BASIC kit makes 19" of useable wheel travel, with COILS

I wonder what direction I will go with my truck........hmmmm LOL
sounds like a good start!!

"In 1995 Ford changed the front suspension on the Explorer to an IFS system (Independent Front Suspension). Although the IFS systems offer less wheel travel than the TTB systems, they have proven themselves to be extremely reliable off-road. 2002 brought more changes to the Explorer 4 door. The most noticeable change is the addition of an Independent Rear Suspension system in place of the live axle suspension all previous Explorers shared."

99ex22 -- think about this from the most fundamental and simplified level -- dont trust what you find on the 'net, believe what you see with your own two eyes in the real world.

The TTB has two beams on each side. Each beam can move indpendent of the other -- which makes it an indpendent suspension. Here's a very simple "drawring" i found on the 'net:

stock-ttb.jpg

(and for the sake of argument, the drawing above has a deathly caster angle -- its the wrong way! this is the right angle: image)

"In 1995 Ford changed the front suspension on the Explorer to an IFS system (Independent Front Suspension). Although the IFS systems offer less wheel travel than the TTB systems, they have proven themselves to be extremely reliable off-road. 2002 brought more changes to the Explorer 4 door. The most noticeable change is the addition of an Independent Rear Suspension system in place of the live axle suspension all previous Explorers shared."

IFS is the actual name of the suspension system, but the TTB is just a different form of independant suspension. It's just not what you normally are referring to when talking about IFS, but it is in fact a form of IFS.

Edit: Yea, what IZwack said.

oh i see now... I need to get a 1st gen, thats way more simple than ifs. anyway back on topic... POST YOUR TTB FLEX PICTURES!

the Gen II "IFS" is actually a double A arm torsion bar sprung suspension if you want to get technical
There are many different styles of IFS and even IRS both 2wd and 4wd

oh i see now... I need to get a 1st gen, thats way more simple than ifs. anyway back on topic... POST YOUR TTB FLEX PICTURES!

Amazing, 7 posts later... and thanks for the approval.

4" Trail Master, stock radius arms and 35s...
~13" of travel

1600rubicon2.jpg

1600flexthaven.jpg

Amazing, 7 posts later... and thanks for the approval.

4" Trail Master, stock radius arms and 35s...
~13" of travel

1600rubicon2.jpg

1600flexthaven.jpg

i have always liked that ttb stuffage picture....nice

My "pot"? :wtf:
Not sure I've heard that one yet... (guessing front diff).

I made a nice skidplate for it that covers the lower face of the beam and runs under the bottom of the housing to protect the rear part. It's not real often that it hits though (more often it's the rear 8.8 that hits everything).

Edit:
here's a (unfinished) pic:
skid.jpg

fine front diff what ever you want to call it.... any ways so does anything hit on top of your dif. like does your dif make contact with the fram or drop mount for your ttb arm??

Yes, TTB is so much better for wheeling than traditional IFS.
Here's a stock setup with missing sway bars with my old 31s, something around 850 RTI, I don't know the actual travel #s.
flex4ih2.jpg

Ey yo yo yo, that TTB suspension is so independent, it files under its own IRS-1040...

cheese_vapors_mw.gif

hahahahha! so am i the only one that finds that really funny?!?!

Removing sway bars really make that much difference ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Removing sway bars really make that much difference ?

Anti-sway bars will not allow your beams to travel in opposite directions (very far).. which is how you accomplish having travel. :p:

Back