Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I dont think that guy on car domain doesn't want anyone "copying" his "S***"
Seems pretty arrogant to put a disclaimer on your cardomain page like that as if he owns the "blacked out look"
===============
"I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF EVERYONE WOULD STOP COPYING MY WORK AND BE CREATIVE ON YOUR OWN. THERES NOTHING WORSE THAN SEEING THE SAME S*** ALREADY DONE. IT MAKES WHATS DONE LOOK STUPID AND NOT EVEN WORTH IT ANYMORE. STOP RIPPING PEOPLE OFF ITS ANNOYING. IM NOT BEING A DICK ITS JUST COMMON SENSE, DONT BE A WANNA BE!"
===============

Personally, I think if someone copies something I did, it means they like it alot. I take it as a complement.

Yea, I agree with you here, to make a statement like this is beyond ridiculous. This guy actually lives in the next town over from me, and I found his Explorer through Facebook of all places a few months ago. Apparently he is the friend of a guy whose girlfriend modeled for me a couple times.

I was going to 'friend' him, as I thought it was pretty cool that there was a fellow Explorer enthusiast so close to home, but after seeing that on his Cardomain I decided not to. Oh well, maybe he will see these comments and realize that he's sending the wrong message, it could all just be a misunderstanding.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey curtis, im not trying to be arrogant and im not looking to cause fights over the internet like people usually do. limited 02 is right, and thanks for sticking up for me especially since you dont know me and explained it without knowing me, i really appreciate that. i take A TON of pride in what I did with my truck and i cant stop people from copying me but its worth a shot. I get messages all the time of people saying, where did you get this, what is it called, how did you get your exhaust like that, and another kid that wants the same wheels. thats fine i cant stop them but it would be nice to have your own look and everyone else can be unique too. so dont sit there and call me arrogant because i "own the blacked out look". im not looking for an argument over this because its stupid to talk about. but like i said, it just bums me out that i work hard on my truck and make it how i want it not how other people have it, copying has no creativity in it and i made my wheels that arent supposed to fit, fit to my truck and someone wants to do the same. it just sucks. so hopefully you understand now and wont start bashing someone over the internet you dont know.

i clearly dont know how to post on this that good yet but does anyone know what brand lowering springs that white explorer has? i want to switch mine because ground force sits to high in the back.

That is a clean looking explorer...

One thing I would do If my explorer was a lighter color...get some black vinyl applied on the rear door and c pillar :cool:
Totally changes the look :D

whitex.jpg

I was actually looking at this picture the other day and thought the same thing. I think that would set it off nicely. Thanks for the compliments.

i clearly dont know how to post on this that good yet but does anyone know what brand lowering springs that white explorer has? i want to switch mine because ground force sits to high in the back.

They are from coilsprings.com Ask 86explorer86. I bought these springs from him. I too has Eibachs and didnt like the way it sat in the back. You will not believe the handling this thing has now. I live in the North Georgia mountains and the curves are great in it.

Actually these springs are from coilsprings.com. This picture was after I changed them. It lowered the ex a lot more than 2 inches. Its quite dramatic actually. Hard to align too. The rims are American racing torque thrust m special Shelby addition. Thnx for the compliments. I will post more pics.

that is very interesting.

I know that there are only 2 lowering springs made for 3rd gens- eibach and ground force.

But never knew about this website. How much did the springs cost you? and how much lower did ur x go after using those springs? did you have to call them to get a set made for your explorer?

sorry about the questions just that I am very interested in getting my explorer as low as possible via coil springs.

hey curtis, im not trying to be arrogant and im not looking to cause fights over the internet like people usually do. limited 02 is right, and thanks for sticking up for me especially since you dont know me and explained it without knowing me, i really appreciate that. i take A TON of pride in what I did with my truck and i cant stop people from copying me but its worth a shot. I get messages all the time of people saying, where did you get this, what is it called, how did you get your exhaust like that, and another kid that wants the same wheels. thats fine i cant stop them but it would be nice to have your own look and everyone else can be unique too. so dont sit there and call me arrogant because i "own the blacked out look". im not looking for an argument over this because its stupid to talk about. but like i said, it just bums me out that i work hard on my truck and make it how i want it not how other people have it, copying has no creativity in it and i made my wheels that arent supposed to fit, fit to my truck and someone wants to do the same. it just sucks. so hopefully you understand now and wont start bashing someone over the internet you dont know.

Your opening statement on your page doesn't exactly make you come across lke a nice guy willing to share what he's done, but I hope you can enjoy this site and provide some indepth knowledge on what you have done should people ask.

Some people are not very creative and look to others who inspire them. Your Ex is very tastefully done and it inspires people, hence the questions on what you have done. It's better to have positive comments and questions than negative ones. The exterior look you have done(minus wheels/stepbar) is everything I want to do, but finances have kept me from getting that far at the moment. It's an idea that I have had for the last 4 years and when I finally get it done, I hope you don't think I have copied you. I'd like to say we share the same taste and appreciation for our rides.

My biggest change will be the hood, only one other know's my plans and if things go smoothly within the next year, it'll be done:D Some will love it, some will not;)

Also to post up pictures, go to your cardomain site and click on the picture you want displayed. It will then fit within the window and then you need to right click and select properties. You'll see an Address(URL) link, copy that and then in the message box on the EF website is a mountain looking tab. Click that, paste copied link and submit. Picture should be there;)

Also again, welcome;)

Edit-Seems I took to long to respond and you got your questions answered. Also, don't bother with 86explorer86 because he is no longer a memeber on here.

I can understand that you are frustrated with the fact that plenty of people wants to copy your explorer. but dude, what are the chances of you meeting someone that has exactly same expo as yours. If there is actually someone with exactly same explorer as yours, good chance this person is far away from you. Not sure what are you whining about.

Internet is so big and billions of people are online nowadays, you cant expect everyone to respect your explorer and leave it to be the only blacked out explorer. of course someone will eventually copy. Hell, I m sure you copied the idea of "murdered out" from someone else.

If you really dislike the idea of others copying you then I'd suggest you not to bother posting pictures of your vehicle on the internet. I would not let this bother me, just my opinion.

each to their own. your x is very nice though.

I bought the springs from 86explorer86 and he tried to rip me off but i got a lot of info from him about them. I believe if you check out coilsprings.com you can find info about the springs. I havent seen another explorer this low with springs before. I mean not cut springs or heated springs.

I just checked that website out and it provides no information, it only wants me to call them.

So are those springs from 86explorer86? did he claim that those springs were from coilsprings.com?

your tires are 265/40? then maybe you should measure how much of clearance between the tire and the fender are there and then compare with others who got diffy springs and same tire.

But to be honest, your explorer looks as low as most explorers??

My tires are 265 35 22. I go to atlanta all the time on weekends and put it next to ones that have other springs and get asked the same thing all the time. What did you do to lower your explorer that low.

i will pull a tape to measure the difference. my tires are about the same height as my 245 65 17 so there shouldnt be too much variance. i will post results.

Yea, I agree with you here, to make a statement like this is beyond ridiculous. This guy actually lives in the next town over from me, and I found his Explorer through Facebook of all places a few months ago. Apparently he is the friend of a guy whose girlfriend modeled for me a couple times.

I was going to 'friend' him, as I thought it was pretty cool that there was a fellow Explorer enthusiast so close to home, but after seeing that on his Cardomain I decided not to. Oh well, maybe he will see these comments and realize that he's sending the wrong message, it could all just be a misunderstanding.

Hey buddy i just explained myself to some other jackass that wanted to bash me over the internet. and honestly, you're the one sending the wrong message by judging someone by a paragraph written on a website before you even know them. friend request me on facebook, dont be afraid of a couple sentences. this IS a misunderstanding. a misunderstanding that you guys took too far. my statement isnt beyond ridiculous unless you're just THAT sensitive that it bothered you so much. Im not a dick head at all i was just saying what i felt alright? so note to self, judge me once you know me because on here, you're making yourself look like a #####.

Your opening statement on your page doesn't exactly make you come across lke a nice guy willing to share what he's done, but I hope you can enjoy this site and provide some indepth knowledge on what you have done should people ask.

Some people are not very creative and look to others who inspire them. Your Ex is very tastefully done and it inspires people, hence the questions on what you have done. It's better to have positive comments and questions than negative ones. The exterior look you have done(minus wheels/stepbar) is everything I want to do, but finances have kept me from getting that far at the moment. It's an idea that I have had for the last 4 years and when I finally get it done, I hope you don't think I have copied you. I'd like to say we share the same taste and appreciation for our rides.

My biggest change will be the hood, only one other know's my plans and if things go smoothly within the next year, it'll be done:D Some will love it, some will not;)

Also to post up pictures, go to your cardomain site and click on the picture you want displayed. It will then fit within the window and then you need to right click and select properties. You'll see an Address(URL) link, copy that and then in the message box on the EF website is a mountain looking tab. Click that, paste copied link and submit. Picture should be there;)

Also again, welcome;)

Edit-Seems I took to long to respond and you got your questions answered. Also, don't bother with 86explorer86 because he is no longer a memeber on here.

yeah i understand all that and i dont think you are copying me. ive never seen a blacked out explorer before so i did it and loved doing it. im not saying no one can do it im just saying it shouldnt be exact. i have nothing against what you are doing and i think its sweet you want to black yours out. everyones maknig me out to be some kid that doesnt want anyone to have a blacked out ride, thats not the case. no one see's it how i do, its not a big deal anymore. but here check this forum out. www.murderedoutrides.com im a member on that as well.

that is very interesting.

I know that there are only 2 lowering springs made for 3rd gens- eibach and ground force.

But never knew about this website. How much did the springs cost you? and how much lower did ur x go after using those springs? did you have to call them to get a set made for your explorer?

sorry about the questions just that I am very interested in getting my explorer as low as possible via coil springs.

belltech too. they make a good 2'' in the front and 2.5'' in the rear check them out.

I can understand that you are frustrated with the fact that plenty of people wants to copy your explorer. but dude, what are the chances of you meeting someone that has exactly same expo as yours. If there is actually someone with exactly same explorer as yours, good chance this person is far away from you. Not sure what are you whining about.

Internet is so big and billions of people are online nowadays, you cant expect everyone to respect your explorer and leave it to be the only blacked out explorer. of course someone will eventually copy. Hell, I m sure you copied the idea of "murdered out" from someone else.

If you really dislike the idea of others copying you then I'd suggest you not to bother posting pictures of your vehicle on the internet. I would not let this bother me, just my opinion.

each to their own. your x is very nice though.

Ok you are all taking this to another level. thanks for the compliment though. i know people will copy. i did over react when people were asking what i did so they could make theirs the same and you're right, they do live far away and i will never see them. it was just kids around my area that were asking and i dont wanna drive by them and see that. its not a big deal anymore, this should just stop and im sorry if i offended anyone im 20 years old i get pissed about certain things then i get over it. but it is what it is and im over it and hopefully we can all talk about other **** now.

thanks for all the responses though i just wish everyone wouldnt be so defensive.

thanks again
-scott

Hey, come on now guys let's not get off-track here, this thread is for posting pictures of our Explorers, can we try to keep it civil? I really don't see the need to be calling anyone *****es or ******* or anything, we're all mature enough here, right?

I know I already posted these a couple pages back, but I photoshopped the gray trim black so see how it looks, seeing as how I ordered a gallon of code-UA acrylic lacquer base and clearcoat the other day to paint my trim. I don't have a professional dust-free spray booth or anything, but I've painted a few cars before in my garage so hopefully it will come out looking fairly decent.

I also recently installed '09 Explorer side view mirrors, and have a set of stock running boards on the way so I'll update with new pictures when everything's done (hopefully by next weekend, depending on when the running boards end up arriving).

I just wanted to try to change the tone of the thread with some actual truck pics, so I hope you don't mind that I technically already posted these.

bsPano3.jpg

bsIMG_6276.jpg

bsIMG_6259.jpg

did you photoshop the emblem delete on the hatch? i was going to have my local body shop do it but i never came around with the money cuz ive spent everything i have into my truck. looks good with the 4th gen tails. i see you have the new explorer wheels too. if you're looking for factory ford wheels in the future, check out the new ford taurus sho 5 spoke 20's they are nasty.

did you photoshop the emblem delete on the hatch? i was going to have my local body shop do it but i never came around with the money cuz ive spent everything i have into my truck. looks good with the 4th gen tails. i see you have the new explorer wheels too. if you're looking for factory ford wheels in the future, check out the new ford taurus sho 5 spoke 20's they are nasty.

No, the only thing I photoshopped was the color of the trim, I had to fill the recessed area that the emblem was in with fiberglass body filler and have the panel repainted. The wheels are actually 20" 2010 Lincoln MKX wheels. As far as I know the only Explorer wheels that look similar are the 6-spoke 18s on the 4th gens.

belltech too. they make a good 2'' in the front and 2.5'' in the rear check them out.

Oh yeah that too. I completely forgot about Bell-Tech. Make that 3 then.

So your x is running on bell techs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back