• Register Today It's free!

Under glow LED's?

minimac

Reaction score
City, State
bealeton va
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 XLT old body style
I want to instal some LED light strips on the underside of my '01 XLT. however, i want to tie them into the puddle lamps in the mirrors so that way they go on and off automatically and i don't have to worry about leaving them on while driving. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the puddle lamps? or where the wires are run?

I would rather not run the wires from the mirrors and hassle with running them through the door, if the wires are easily accessible behind the kick panels or something.

Same thing with some under the dash kits, can i hook them up to the dimmer switch? that way they'll go on with the dome lights only?

thanks
-Ev

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would really like to give you some advice, but alas, I also don't know despite wanting to do similar things. However, if you search the modified sections of the forum for leds and stuff like that I'm sure you'll find something. Learning how to search the forum effectively can take some time (seriously) but it's awesome once you figure it out.

You can intercept the puddle lamp wires in the kick panel. It's a large bundle but you are looking for a black wire w/ a pink stripe.(BK/PK)

You tap into the the switch that turns the interior lights on in the door frame.
Or the one from the door handle might be better.

You tap into the the switch that turns the interior lights on in the door frame.
Or the one from the door handle might be better.

He wanted to tap the puddle lights to avoid running the wire from the door. The black pink wire in the kick panel is the way to go.

Back