Nevermind | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nevermind

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What liter engine was the 4R44E from? I would not recommend you put that unit behind a 302.
Brad

I have an 4r44e transmission. Need and adapter to go to a 302
You don’t. They won’t work together. Get an AODE with a controller, or a 4r70w and control it with Explorer gear.

You’ll need a V8 transmission and transfer case, along with the computers, and wiring modifications, driveshafts, exhaust and a few other bits.

You’ll need a V8 transmission and transfer case, along with the computers, and wiring modifications, driveshafts, exhaust and a few other bits.
I have the transmission with the 302 , the brain and harnesses . What drive lines should I get to adapt this to a 2000 ranger xlt

oh brother
First up 4r44e was the auto used behind the anemic 3.0, nobody in their right mind would ever want one of these behind a 302, and there is no way to bolt one to a 302 thank goodness

Now to put a 302 into a previously 3.0 powered Ranger....well I do that ALL THE TIME
Check this out:

and here

Heres a 5 speed built by a friend

That should get you started

That’s what forums are for....... to research and find and share information. Not for someone else to just hand you all the work.

Read the threads linked, and ask questions about what you don’t understand.

I am not going to email you the parts you need
I have converted many of these trucks to v8 starting back in 2005

The threads I posted will show you how in detail

Back