When will the 2012s start to be built? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

When will the 2012s start to be built?

wilsor

Reaction score
City, State
Port Barrington, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited
Anyone know when the last of the 2011s will be built and the 2012s will start?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, I want to know this as well. Cory?

Anyone know when the last of the 2011s will be built and the 2012s will start?
Yes, I want to know this as well. Cory?
Correction: I double checked this and verified that we’ll be building 2011s until mid-Summer and starting building 2012s after the plant is retooled. I'm sorry for any confusion this might have caused.

Cory

Building 2012s now?

Cory, you stated Ford is building 2012s while simultaneously still building 2011s. Is Ford building retail 2012 orders now or are these 2012s intended for something else?

Cory, I'm getting ready to place an order by the end of June.
Should my dealer be able to specify a 2012, as that is what I want?
Thank's,
Jim..........

Cory, I'm getting ready to place an order by the end of June.
Should my dealer be able to specify a 2012, as that is what I want?
Thank's,
Jim..........
Yes, that’s won’t be a problem for your dealer. Also, feel free to send me a private message with your dealer name / dealer code & order number (once your dealer gives it to you) and I’ll be glad to research your order status!

Cory

They have some 2012 scheduled for week of July 18th already

Looks like I may be getting one of the last 2011's to be built. I have a scheduled build date of July 11.

Looks like I may be getting one of the last 2011's to be built. I have a scheduled build date of July 11.
I’m glad your Explorer was scheduled! Feel free to drop me a line if you’d like me to research your current order status. In the PM, please include your dealer name / dealer code & order number!

Cory

Back