Ugly Carpet Seam under Driver/Passenger Seats | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ugly Carpet Seam under Driver/Passenger Seats

whoa thar... in no way would i compare an X to a Q7 or even use the "P" word.
that's like comparing the Ford Taurus to a BMW 7 series or Audi...
those cars definitely have auto controls for every window :)

We agree. We Limited owners are getting 90% of their build quality for 60% of their price. Plus only we have SYNC and MFT; not to mention the best styling on the market.

I was in a new 6-series last week. Booring.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I pushed the back piece of carpet under the front piece at the seam. Don't notice it from the front or back now.

I just went out to look and I was shocked too. (Shocked that anyone would notice or comment on this.)

I pushed the back piece of carpet under the front piece at the seam. Don't notice it from the front or back now.

I noticed this two days after I took delivery in April. Did same as TXFordMan and have not thought about it again until this post popped up.

And I thought I was the only one due to an early build date. No, it doesn't bother me either but it's just one of those things that pops out at you.

I just went out to look and I was shocked too. (Shocked that anyone would notice or comment on this.)
:thumbsup:

I can't believe I just went out and moved the seat all the way forward so I could see something I never see. And it took me a second to find what you all are talking about. I thought it was on the floor - but it is between the frame rail and the center tunnel.

But I did find that pack of gum that dropped between the seat and the console the other day.:D

A fully loaded Explorer LTD can hit over 45k... i think that's certainly very close to the 'base' range for some cars like an X5 and an LR4 and certainly there with the X3 and LR2.

I think the styling is very comparable to them and the argument could be made that you get more vehicle for the money over their little siblings. I havent been in the x3 or lr2 but can argue the style and possible level of finish could be close?

But still not in their category... still a mid level vehicle.

you can always tell what price level a vehicle is in by checking the window controls :D...
if only driver side has auto up/down... low
if the front driver and front passenger controls are auto... mid level
if all windows have auto feature... luxury
manual crank windows... econo :D

look at the explorer... front controls only... mid level ;)

I was always told the non auto feature in the rear was for child safety.

:thumbsup:

I can't believe I just went out and moved the seat all the way forward so I could see something I never see. And it took me a second to find what you all are talking about. I thought it was on the floor - but it is between the frame rail and the center tunnel.

But I did find that pack of gum that dropped between the seat and the console the other day.:D

+1 for me, although instead of the gum, I found a quarter.

There is no shortage of **** retentiveness on this forum. Its a wonder how some folks sleep at night worrying about this carpet seam.

yeah... i think that's what they tell people when it's not an option on 'those' cars ;)

Just playing... but kinda personal observation really... my Lexus has all 4 and they are suppose to stop under pressure if going up (havent tested in a while ;)) while my inlaws camry only has the fronts auto. notice in other 'class' cars too.

I was always told the non auto feature in the rear was for child safety.

i agree that it's not the end of the world, but i'm with everyone else who noticed the flaw after two days with the truck! it obviously affects nothing, but now you see if everytime you look down!

Bigger fish to worry about, I think what drew everyones attention to it was the grey backing that makes it stand out. You can get rubber edging if it bothers you that much to finish the edge off with.

Yeah I noticed this as well and think it's just horrible craftsmanship on Ford. The only reason I didn't post or bark about it that my 2011 Explorer spend most of it's good days in the shop until I got rid of it.

I believe my 2013 is like this as well.

This is the story with Ford. Price 'em high, build 'em cheap. With all the flaws and faults that this truck has, it was not worth the money spent. I don't care to hear of any feedback regarding my thinking on the matter. What is acceptable to some is not acceptable to me. If I spend this kind of money on a vehicle, then I can complain about it when it doesn't meet my expectations.

Agree

This is the story with Ford. Price 'em high, build 'em cheap. With all the flaws and faults that this truck has, it was not worth the money spent. I don't care to hear of any feedback regarding my thinking on the matter. What is acceptable to some is not acceptable to me. If I spend this kind of money on a vehicle, then I can complain about it when it doesn't meet my expectations.
I fully agree with you. If you spend any amount of money on a product you should have the right to say what you wish about it.
Having had mine for 2 years now, I think it is an excellent vehicle. It has met all my expectations and then some.

Peter

My 2013 XLT does NOT have any splits in the carpet under the front seats or anywhere else for that matter. It appears to all be cut from a one piece drop in.....The carpet has met all my expectations, however I have had lots of other problems with this vehicle, and it is highly doubtful I would ever buy another one....

My 2013 XLT does NOT have any splits in the carpet under the front seats or anywhere else for that matter. It appears to all be cut from a one piece drop in.....The carpet has met all my expectations, however I have had lots of other problems with this vehicle, and it is highly doubtful I would ever buy another one....
I haven't noticed any 'ugly carpet seams' on mine either.
It seems you are softening your opinion on the Explorer a bit. Going from, "This 2013 is the worst vehicle period I have ever owned, and never again......" to now, "it is highly doubtful I would ever buy another one....";)
BTW, does your border collie like the Ex?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe the point here is it Ford lacks specific attention to detail that foreign car manufacturers don't have a problem with

also if this many people notice it ford should have taken notice as well

Back