Moonroof and ability to resell | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moonroof and ability to resell

Definitely get it, even though we never really open the roof in my wifes new escape, (and it's not nearly as impressive as the X's) it is a joy to just have some natural lighting and the ability on a hot day to have some fresh air.
1,500 bucks isn't much when you consider the length of the loan, if it's a loan.

The dual panel really does help with the charcoal interior. I think it would be pretty cave like without it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The dual panel really does help with the charcoal interior. I think it would be pretty cave like without it.

That's the interior color of my wife's escape. It helped tremendously. For a light interior like beige, I think it would still add alot to the ambience. I was initially skeptical of the sun/moon roof idea due to possible leakage/wind noise etc, but I was pleasantly surprised how silent it is and how tight those seals are. They have vastly improved the fit/finish of new cars.
Do it!!!!

Resale value should not play into the decision (except as a rationalization) because this is really just personal preference. The moonroof will not impact resale as much as it will impact your bottom line up front $1500 (plus with present value of money, up to $200 6-10 years from now v. $1500 today is really nothing). If you or your family enjoy and use moonroofs (for light/ air) and you can afford it, its worth it because you will be driving this car for years.

Personally, I like the idea of moonroofs and have had them in every other car I have ever owned (but since I ended up having to order my Explorer, I decided to save the money because I realized I almost never use it (and when I do it is just for the novelty of sticking my hand up in the air). Driving the Ex the last few weeks, I really don't miss it but then again, I was never one to use moonroofs much anyway and the threat of not having enough light or sun in Southern California (i.e. feeling like I am in a cave with the black interior) is really remote.

i hand't thought of the lighting issue. i'm getting charcoal black with pecan inserts, and i guess it will be pretty dark.

my wife has been trying to talk me into the moonroof for a couple of days, and she's starting to make sense. i HATE when that happens...

what the hell... when paying almost 40 gs, another 1300 won't kill me.

thanks for your thoughts, everyone.

I specifically ordered mine the way I wanted it because all the Limited ones I could find on the lot had about $2500 in options I did not want including the moon roof and chrome 20" wheels. I put that money back into a 4WD and AC seats instead. A must in Texas with black leather interior.

I wouldn't own a lux SUV without some form of power moonroof. And IMO, considering resale value in general with any expensive vehicle purchase is a good idea.

Back