Poll: New MFT release in July? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Poll: New MFT release in July?

When will the next MFT/Sync come out?

• NEVER! and even if it did, it wouldn't fix this smoldering pile anyway!

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • July

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • August or September

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • October or Later

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Can you say "Vaporware?"

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
The natural extension to the question of when it will be released is, "When will those of us with problems be able to get ours updated?"

60,000 Explorers x .5 hrs = 30,000 hours labor. Wow! If there is a huge demand for the update the dealerships are going to be busy. And making some money. I don't know the labor rate but would guess it to be ~$100/hr. That's $3,000,000 in labor costs just for the install!

Personally- I'd look at that $3M estimate and think, "Tell me again why we can't let the owners do this themselves? Even with a 10% problem rate we would come out WAY ahead over paying for it ourselves."

I'd assume that the vast majority of EX owners wouldn't even be aware that there was some sort of update available, so I'd not expect a sudden rush to have systems updated. The percentage of owners who hang out on forums like this is probably pretty small.

The question I have is would dealers simply update someone's MFT because they asked, or would they only do so if somoeone could demonstrate significant and repeatable issues. My MFT is quirky and I'd certainly like to have the latest and (presumably) greatest, but would they give it to me?

I'd assume that the vast majority of EX owners wouldn't even be aware that there was some sort of update available, so I'd not expect a sudden rush to have systems updated. The percentage of owners who hang out on forums like this is probably pretty small.

The question I have is would dealers simply update someone's MFT because they asked, or would they only do so if somoeone could demonstrate significant and repeatable issues. My MFT is quirky and I'd certainly like to have the latest and (presumably) greatest, but would they give it to me?

According to Cory - the answer is YES

well.. that is a great question.. because when I asked the dealer to update my MFT to 2.8, they said I needed to show them a reason why it needed to be updated. I finally got them to agree when I told them that sync support directed me to have the dealer update the software from 2.4 to 2.8 for the problems I was experiencing.

Since ford is recommending we call sync support, and sync support is recommending the dealer update whenever there is a problem, I believe you'll be able to use "sync support told me to" as your reason for requesting the update and it should be fine =P

According to Cory - the answer is YES
You’re right jrmexplorer. Keep in mind, the In-Vehicle Technology team (Username: FordIVTteam) is also here to help if you’d like any assistance with upgrading your MFT, once the upgrade is released of course. ;)

Cory

Back