Fuse that turns on and off with ignition | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuse that turns on and off with ignition

gt183

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT
Can someone tell me which of the fuses below turn on and off with the ignition (see images below)? I need to wire something up to one of the fuses that will need to be turned on when the engine starts, and turned off when I turn the key off.

fuse1.jpg

fuse2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fuse 21 (instrument cluster/compass) would be my guess. Only 5A though, does it have to be the internal fuse box?

i've got my aftermarket fog lights wired into my fuel pump fuse in the engine bay. there's only power to it when the key is on

Fuse 21 (instrument cluster/compass) would be my guess. Only 5A though, does it have to be the internal fuse box?

That was my first thought too, but I think part of the cluster comes on when you open the door (didn't double check this). But it deff comes on when you put the key in the on position, not with ignition.

i've got my aftermarket fog lights wired into my fuel pump fuse in the engine bay. there's only power to it when the key is on

Yea I was thinking about using this one of #8 (Heated PCV). I'll contact the manufacturer of the kit I'm installing to find out if it matters the Amp rating of the fuse.

I've also got my homelink tapped into my injectors fuse in the engine bay as well....

So what are you installing?

Back