Power Seat Issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power Seat Issues

Reaction score
City, State
Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ford Explorer
The power seat on my 04 Ex Limited is giving me issues. Everytime I pull the key out of the ignition (if it was started or just to turn the electrical on) the power seat just moves all the way forward. I just pulled the fuse for now because I never move the seat anyways. I was just wondering on what it wrong?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its NOT a stock explorer its been modified so Im in the right section

its NOT a stock explorer its been modified so Im in the right section

The reason he said that is because there will be more issues along the lines of this in the stock section of the forums. So, hopefully then you can get more answers! Anyways though, so you're saying that even when the key is in the ignition the seats wont move either? Or are you just having a problem when you pull the key out?

no the seat does move its just when i pull the key out the seat moves all the way forward. it still moves just fine its like it goes crazy when u pull the key out of the igintion

how am i the one being a smartass when its my Ex and i know whats done to it and not you

Moron, it doesn't matter if you truck is modified or not...the modified section is for discussing mods. Just because your "modified" doesn't mean your question belongs in the section.

Learn your place before you tell me whats what.

Beef is brewing in this thread! But on a lighter note, mine does that sometimes aswell when I remove my key, not all the way forward though. I don't know how to fix it, but it's never really bothered me. Maybe check where your seats are set too, and reset them.

Hey thanks for the advice but I have tried that and it still does it. Oh well ill just leave the fuse out cause I dont need to move the sit anyways.

Moron, it doesn't matter if you truck is modified or not...the modified section is for discussing mods. Just because your "modified" doesn't mean your question belongs in the section.

Learn your place before you tell me whats what.

Let's keep the moderating to the Moderators. And lets keep to the subject title at hand and assist the OP. If we can not do that, then do not post in the OP's thread. Thank you.

Hey thanks for the advice but I have tried that and it still does it. Oh well ill just leave the fuse out cause I dont need to move the sit anyways.

Yeah sorry I can't be of much help other than that.. But if it's good in the position it is in now then I say just leave it like you mentioned. Hopefully somebody else will chime in though for you if they have any advice... Good luck :)

Ok so let's tie this thread up before Kyle has a stroke...

With the power seat memory option, the drivers seat adjusts forward and backward automatically to make it easier to get in/out.

So, for example:

You're really short so you keep the seat forward to drive. You turn off the car and the seat moves back so you can get out. You get back in the car, insert your key and the seat moves forward to your preset position so you don't have to.

Get under your seat and check the wiring going to your power seat. Look for broken or twisted wires. If you don't find anything there, check the wire boot in your door for broken wires coming from your memory buttons. I'm not sure where the memory controller is located, but you can try tracing wires back to it and replacing it. You can also try replacing the switch itself. They are about $60 on RockAuto.com.

For the record, Kyle IS correct. This is the Modified Explorer Sub-Forum. Even though you have a "modified" Explorer, you are having a "stock" issue. This forum is for discussing specific modifications, and issues with them. Not modified Explorers in general. We have several sub-forums for specific issues, to help users find information more efficiently. There are several "Power Seat Issues" threads in the stock section. Be sure to use the Search function to try and solve your problem before creating a new thread next time. I would also suggest taking a few hours to explore the entire site, to help you out in the future.

badazz It will most likely be a broken wire. I had the same issue last year. Very easy fix. Besides the job will most likely pay for itself. I found about three bucks in change and some skittles.

alright thanks ill look into it. id be glad to find some more money but i hope i dont find old candy

Here is the thread for removing the door panel: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=303524

Here is a great thread for checking for broken/damaged wires, thanks to synyster for this awesome write-up: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=270081

Be sure to take your time when looking for broken/damaged wire(s). Check all the wires for breaks/damage. When you think you're done looking, look again, and again, and again. A bright flashlight can be very helpful.

Hope this helps out. :D:thumbsup:

in addition to the wiring under the seat. I thought there was an option in the message center (could be another car) called 'Easy Exit'. See if you can turn it off. .

Back