Just ordered my Shackles!

interscope8

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Purdue University
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac 4x4
Just ordered my set of Warrior Shackles from Telco4x4.com! Cant wait to get them! Ordering my RS5000's next week and will be doing a TT, shackle install, and new shocks all at once

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great, soon you be in the lifted club. Cant wait to see pictures.

Great, soon you be in the lifted club. Cant wait to see pictures.

Yep another one, yay.

I have a side job this sunday that should pay me more then enough to buy my BL so I'll be lifting up some more soon. I'm just not looking forward buying tires, they are friggin expensive, so I'll be rolling on my 32 while I save.

Cluster, tires are expensive only if you let them be. I looked everywhere before buying, internet, stores, tire dealers, etc...

I found my tires (33x12.50x15 GoodYear DuraTrac) on TreadDepot.com for $168 (cheapest around anywhere I've found) so I went tot he local GoodYear dealer in downtown Pittsburgh, told them the price I found and asked if they could do any better so they gave them to me for $146 a tire.

I went down to 15" rims because everyone is using 285/75/16's to stick with the stock 16" wheels and alot of tires in that size are on back order and over priced.

I spent less on a set of five 15" wheels and tires (33x12.50x15 on 15x8)then I would've spent on four 16" tires (285/75/16).

Nice man! congrats. Be sure to post pictures. I'm so happy with my results. I still need to do the shocks....a pool party sounded more appealing at the time :D so I only had time to do the lift and now the shocks are sitting on my bench staring at me.

You could always do a pool party and shocks at the same time :D
155902681090059_100000109837897_503691_8299374_n-1.jpg

Made that for a tailgate at my highschool

Cluster, tires are expensive only if you let them be. I looked everywhere before buying, internet, stores, tire dealers, etc...

I found my tires (33x12.50x15 GoodYear DuraTrac) on TreadDepot.com for $168 (cheapest around anywhere I've found) so I went tot he local GoodYear dealer in downtown Pittsburgh, told them the price I found and asked if they could do any better so they gave them to me for $146 a tire.

I went down to 15" rims because everyone is using 285/75/16's to stick with the stock 16" wheels and alot of tires in that size are on back order and over priced.

I spent less on a set of five 15" wheels and tires (33x12.50x15 on 15x8)then I would've spent on four 16" tires (285/75/16).

Thats my main problem, my wheels are 16" and I really like them.

Just looked at that site, they have cooper discoverer STT for $212 for 305/70/16. They have very good reviews. I may go for those instead of the BGM KM2s.

try ebay, you might luck out, i needed a procomp mt to replace, i couldnt find it anywhere cheaper than 190, then i found a brand new one on ebay for 114 with 14 bucks s&h. post pics, i just threw on a set of rancho rs5000's early this morning. pm me if you need any help.

Hey LONO100, :ttiwwp::wavey:

lol, i know, but im on my phone and cant access my photobucket. turns out i wont be leaving town until tonight, so if i can get a few pics up before i head up to the redwoods, ill be sure to post.

Be careful wheelin', you don't have tow hooks.

I've always thought about doing a TT/Shackle lift, but the fears of putting strain of the front wheel joints (+ money haha) has kept me from doing it. Are you going to add an additional lift kit as well? or just some new shocks?

Pics please :)

With a TT and SL you can run the stock length shocks.

I'll put up before and afters, and prolly do an updated write up. Im doing it all on a lift so I'll have better pics than the other ones (not knockin' those at all :) ). And Idk if I'm gunna do another lift or not. Chances are I'll get a body lift down the road... but Im getting a new bull bar (the road salt killed my 10 year old one) so I'll have to learn how to weld :p

And Im putting 4 stock length RS5000 shocks on. So if i do a body lift down the road I wont need new ones. But thinking bout all the future lift options lead me to a question!

If i were to do a SOA, how the heck would i level out the front end!?

With a body lift you don't have to worry about the shocks, their mounted to the frame.

As far as if you do a SOA, to level out the front, pretty much you're gonna have to do a SAS for the front.

I plan on doing both of these in about two years time, hopefully. We'll see how things go. I hate the IFS setups on these trucks, sucks to work on, sucks to offroad with there limtations and their weak compared to the solid axle (SAS).

Here's some links to Chad551's ST and mjenk430's SAS/ SOA Trac's

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254382

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313797

You can pretty much use anybodies SAS/ SOA project from here if they have a 2ndGen Explorer or 1st Gen ST or Ranger since they all share the same frame, suspension and drivetrain setup's.

That looks like a $h|t ton of work! Holy Cow! Maybe I'll just stick with a body lift and make my own brackets :p

LOL, it's woth it to get rid of the IFS and to keep having to shell out money for suspension parts, tires, algnments, etc..., etc...

Atleast to me it is.

ya it makes sense, im not at that level of expertise yet tho :p it wouldnt be a long time till I could do something like that...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks rebel, here's a couple of grainy pics from my phone of the ranchos i just put on the ST:

WP_000273.jpg

WP_000281.jpg

WP_000280.jpg

sorry for the crappy pics, but theyre from my phone. not much wheelin up in the redwoods, but ill post pics when i get back. have a good weekend everyone!

Back