overheated engine, Totally demoralized =( | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

overheated engine, Totally demoralized =(

...I wish we had a Canadian version of a Cory to help us escalate rather than having to spend my time and my employers time worrying about this
Vdel,
A Canadian version of me, eh? I already like maple syrup, so the transformation wouldn’t be too incredible. ;) If you’ve spoken with the Canada Customer Relationship Center @ 1-800-565-3673 and are still having issues, please let me know via PM.

CORY!!

Is there anyway to confirm if the Explorers are to go in Limp Mode or have any types of protection in order to decrease any damage (or prevent) from Overheating??...
TIO M,
I asked for you and was advised that every vehicle has strategies for overheating. With the Explorer’s “limp mode”, there are precautions in place like backing down engine power and shutting off AC, among other things. I big thanks to Car 54 as well for chiming in. :)

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi calb
I also asked about getting extended warranty on top of the extended warranty I already purchased. But that sits with the general manger at the moment and would be dealing with that on thursday. So needless to say it's going to be a eventful day and potentially a recommend or not to recommend day

I wish we had a Canadian version of a Cory to help us escalate rather than having to spend my time and my employers time worrying about this

Vdel:

1) For extended warranty ask if the employee pricing applies - I think it does, so make sure you get it, if so. (I hope to confirm later today/tomorrow from Ford Canada)

2) I second your Canadian version of Cory. Cory ... it makes sense that at the very least you should be an escalation point for Canada since you are on here. Who would it be best for me to write to about this - Ford Story? (Presumably your boss would be happy to as they could shift part of your cost to the Canadian operation ;) )

...2) I second your Canadian version of Cory. Cory ... it makes sense that at the very least you should be an escalation point for Canada since you are on here. Who would it be best for me to write to about this - Ford Story? (Presumably your boss would be happy to as they could shift part of your cost to the Canadian operation ;) )
calb,
Now that you put it that way, I’m starting to really like the thought of having another version of me. :D You can e-mail about this at the Ford of Canada page: https://www.Ford.ca/app/fo/en/customer_support/email_us.do or post on www.TheFordStory.com like you said. ;)

Cory

I had an almost identical experience. right around 2,000 miles and cooling fan went bad in traffic. not fun. That plus numerous MFT problems. My first Ford experience is off to a very bad start.

Vdel:

I second your Canadian version of Cory. Cory ... it makes sense that at the very least you should be an escalation point for Canada since you are on here. Who would it be best for me to write to about this - Ford Story? (Presumably your boss would be happy to as they could shift part of your cost to the Canadian operation ;) )
Are you saying that Cory is not able to help Canadian owners with their problems??

CORY!!

Is there anyway to confirm if the Explorers are to go in Limp Mode or have any types of protection in order to decrease any damage (or prevent) from Overheating??

This might be good to know for all to know and have a better sense of what is going on with the Engine and decrease the FREAKED OUT mode we can all go into when something like this occurs.

HEY MAN HANG IN THERE, atleast you didn't get the X in one day or two. They could be doing a good thing.
It is explained in detail in the Owner's Guide. See Maintenance and Specifications, What you should know about Fail-Safe Cooling. I posted a more comprehensive overview on another thread the other day.

Thank you Gents, I apologize for not being able to research this. I've been working like a mule this week!

Are you saying that Cory is not able to help Canadian owners with their problems??

That is, unfortunately, what I'm saying. Cory is welcome to correct me, but I think all he can do is give us the 1-800 number.

That being said Cory does help a lot of us by providing great info; and it is very much appreciated!!

hi All,

**update**

My dealer still has my EX as we were discussing what needs to be done and what doesn't.

I'm now in direct contact with the Service manager and it seems that he is trying to make me a satified customer.

As per the original things i've asked for which were
- coolant flush and fill
- oil change
- compression and leak down test
- radiator cap change
- address any TSB's for my build date before they happen.

Essentially, and to paraphrase the response:
they have checked that the engine is running fine and the power balance is fine and it is running at 100%.
a leak down test only if I had lost compression. They did a compression test because he is going to show me the compression test and the power balance.
There was no mention of a coolant flush and fill,oil change and radiator cap.

Oh yes, regarding the TSB's, they will only address them if there is reports of a complaint and a problem.

The long and short of it, he would like to do everything, but he would have Ford (i'm assuming head office) wondering what's going on.

Well, what's going on is that they have a customer that wants to make sure the dealer stands behind the product and stands united with the customer to make sure they are happy. I believe that's an easy tale to tell if you have to answer to head office.

So today will be a week since it was towed there. The ask was simply to do proactive items to ensure that there are no problems.

I should have it today... i hope

I had an almost identical experience. right around 2,000 miles and cooling fan went bad in traffic. not fun. That plus numerous MFT problems. My first Ford experience is off to a very bad start.
2011newfordowner,
I can help make the start to owning your Explorer better by escalating this matter for you. In order for me to do this, please PM me your contact information, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. With those details, I’ll arrange for a Customer Service Manager to call you as soon as possible.

peterk9,
That’s right; I can escalate concerns for customers with vehicles in US only, like calb explained. However, I will do everything I can to research questions no matter where you live! ;)

...That being said Cory does help a lot of us by providing great info; and it is very much appreciated!!
calb,
Thanks; that made my Friday! :D You’re going to have good karma coming your way. :)

...So today will be a week since it was towed there. The ask was simply to do proactive items to ensure that there are no problems.

I should have it today... i hope
I’m really happy you’re getting your Explorer back today, Vdel. A week without your ride must have been tough, and I’m sure they took care of all the issues so you’ll have a great weekend.

Cory

Pinch me fellas... I got my EX back today!!!

After some back and forth, the service manager at Ford Meadowvale agreed to take care of the items I wanted to be completed on top of the coolant fan replacement which was the initial problem in the first place. I believe it was one of those situation where it was persistence on my part and part understanding on the Service Managers part. This renews all hope when dealing with dealerships post purchase. The following are the items that were completed:

1. Oil change
  2. Coolant Flush and Fill
  3. New RAD cap
  4. Compression and Power balance test

The only thing not done was addressing any outstanding TSB's. I can understand why now as TSB's are only to be addressed if there is an existing problem that a customer complains about and is currently experiencing - more or less.

So thanks to you all in the forum that provided invaluable information. If it were not for the posts and replies I probably would have been content with 'just the enough' treatment and would have just been convinced that I should just be happy that they fixed the coolant fan.

My next task now is with the GM. I had asked that they stand behind their product and extend my warranty past the extended warranty that I already purchased.

thanks again all.

To all new folks in the forum... submit your questions and concerns, the guys here know what their talking about.

-v.

Vdel ... let me know your sales experience with Meadowvale Ford and the service experience you receive.

I'm in your area and likely buying a new Limited.

Also ... you might want to vote on Sync Services in Canada if you haven't already ...

http://www.thefordstory.com/your-ideas/technologies/infotainment/sync-services-in-canada/

Good luck with your dealer - let us know!

Hey Calb
if your read my last post you can see where i'm at and my general feelings with Meadowvale Ford

After some persistence they come around and I believe they understand, well at leas the sales person and the service manager whom I deal directly with. At the endo of the day they satisfied what I wanted. As far as me being an advocate for them? Right now, I would say hold off until I hear back from their GM (that's the deciding factor I think) Only if you can.

thanks.

Back