• Register Today It's free!

'94 Sport overheating problems

Aga12

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 sport
I have a '94 sport with about 200k on it and im having some overheating problems. I was driving home last night when it overheated. When i opened the hood this morning i found the problem pretty quickly.
s7300100sc5.jpg

The hose connection onto the valve had completely broken off. After a quick trip to the ford dealership i had the replacement part installed, the radiator filled up, and all of the hoses reconected. I started it up and didn't have any problems at idle, but when i started to drive it i noticed that i had NO heat at all. About a minute into the drive the temp gauge went from a nice average temp to pegged against the H within about 20 seconds. By the time i pulled into the driveway and opened the hood there was a small amount of steam coming out of the radiator cap.
Can anyone help me with this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeppers sounds like a t stat.....Umm i whouldnt drive these particular vehicals very long with any kind of over heating problem..The heads are prone to cracking and warping...I know this from personal experience i bought mine with not 1 butt 2 cracked heads......
James

When you get the replacement Tstat, make sure you get the o-ring gasket. It's not always included.

Back