Who's in NJ? Where? | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who's in NJ? Where?

I know a popular meeting spot is the Atsion ranger office since there is a nice big dirt parking lot and its right off 206. As for the time would everyone agree the earlier the better? After all it does get dark at 5 and i'm sure we all want a good amount of time to explore ;)

Deepfry, do you plan on going 287s to the turnpike? If so we could probably meet up at some point along the way :exp::exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea man that works. Just pick a spot. I got the whole of 287 to ride.

I would say our paths would cross around boonton. If you hop off 287 at exit 45 there is a mcdonalds right on myrtle ave. Probably a good Idea if everyone going exchanges contact info via PM or whatever works.

So is this the current list?

-Myself
-Gabe
-LiKuiD
-Al
-Deepfry
-DredDog (possible?)

Well I guess it depends on when we all plan to meet up down there. What time would everyone like that to be? It takes about 2hrs to get down there from up north.

its hard not to ride in wharton without hitting a large water crossing. I'll bring along my guide, he will make sure we avoid all of the large ones and if we do goto large ones there are large enough cut arounds.

Attention: IN WHARTON THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED.

SEATBELTS. I've gotten a ticket before.
LIGHT COVERS: They aren't sticklers but its a good idea to have these.
TRAIL SPEED: 25MPH, strictly enforced.
FENDER FLARES: They aren't sticklers but if its retardedly escessive, expect to be told to GTFO.
TOW STRAPS: If the rangers perform vehicle checks and you are found without a tow strap, winch or other proper recovery gear, expect to be told to GTFO.
DO NOT LITTER: We strive to keep the trails clean.
WHEN ENCOUNTERING BIKERS, DIRT BIKERS & HORSE BACK RIDERS: Pull it off to the side and SHUT IT DOWN and wait for them to pass. Our trucks can easily spook the horses & hurt someone, plus the horse back riders always appreciate it.

This is what I HIGHLY recommend:

Stay out of 1/4 Mile.
Listen to the guide.
If you are new to the area, please listen to those more experienced, especially when telling you what drive range to engage.
CB RADIOS or 2 WAY RADIOS. I have both, so if everyone has one or the other we should be good. We can't afford for people to get lost or left behind.
There are LARGE WHOOPS. Take it slow on these or you'll be sorry.

If you are behind me... I will more than likely roost you. :)

Hey guys-
For anyone coming out for the trail ride in Wharton on the 17th, I have an idea I wanted to throw out there to you all. (feel free to tell me to stick it where the mud doesn't go.lol)

My wife is the founder of a non-profit that serves the south jersey area. She and a friend started a food bank to provide supplemental pet food to qualified (unemployed, disabled, veterans, etc) people.

Why do this you ask? She found people cannot get any food for their pets at the food banks and were sharing their food with their animals and going without themselves. So in order to help them stretch the food they receive from a food bank, her org helps feed the family pet so they don't have to give them up. They currently feed roughly over 60 animals a month since last year and have even helped with vet care and spay/neuter for many of these families. It can certainly be bad enough to feed the family, but to tell the kids fido has to leave is devastating for some. SO...would anybody be up for donating a small bag of cat or dog food (cat food is the biggest need) or bring in a canned food item (people food) for a needy family she will deliver to a food bank in south jersey? Either one would be great. Or both if you want.

She has asked if you all want to do this, could we get a picture of everyone for her website and facebook? (sorry, not my idea)

I totally understand the holidays can be tough for everyone, so I wont be insulted at all if you're not interested, or can't participate. Just a thought since we were getting together for this and could maybe help some others out.

Let me know what you all think. Thanks

ps-want to kick my a$$ now or when you see me?? lol.

Sounds good. I'm ready to get the hell back on dry land and into the woods.

Hey guys-
For anyone coming out for the trail ride in Wharton on the 17th, I have an idea I wanted to throw out there to you all. (feel free to tell me to stick it where the mud doesn't go.lol)

My wife is the founder of a non-profit that serves the south jersey area. She and a friend started a food bank to provide supplemental pet food to qualified (unemployed, disabled, veterans, etc) people.

Why do this you ask? She found people cannot get any food for their pets at the food banks and were sharing their food with their animals and going without themselves. So in order to help them stretch the food they receive from a food bank, her org helps feed the family pet so they don't have to give them up. They currently feed roughly over 60 animals a month since last year and have even helped with vet care and spay/neuter for many of these families. It can certainly be bad enough to feed the family, but to tell the kids fido has to leave is devastating for some. SO...would anybody be up for donating a small bag of cat or dog food (cat food is the biggest need) or bring in a canned food item (people food) for a needy family she will deliver to a food bank in south jersey? Either one would be great. Or both if you want.

She has asked if you all want to do this, could we get a picture of everyone for her website and facebook? (sorry, not my idea)

I totally understand the holidays can be tough for everyone, so I wont be insulted at all if you're not interested, or can't participate. Just a thought since we were getting together for this and could maybe help some others out.

Let me know what you all think. Thanks

ps-want to kick my a$$ now or when you see me?? lol.

I'll buy a big ass bag of food from Monster Pets... yeeee.

Sounds good. I'm ready to get the hell back on dry land and into the woods.

We hit the trails tonight, alot of it has been regarded and has had fresh white pebble dropped, so if you are going to roost someone, make sure the hole isn't full of rocks first.

Lots of water crossings that you stockers would enjoy. I have already worked out a guide & for a few of my friends to show up.

So, we meeting at the Pic-A-Lilli?

its hard not to ride in wharton without hitting a large water crossing. I'll bring along my guide, he will make sure we avoid all of the large ones and if we do goto large ones there are large enough cut arounds.

Attention: IN WHARTON THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED.

SEATBELTS. I've gotten a ticket before.
LIGHT COVERS: They aren't sticklers but its a good idea to have these.
TRAIL SPEED: 25MPH, strictly enforced.
FENDER FLARES: They aren't sticklers but if its retardedly escessive, expect to be told to GTFO.
TOW STRAPS: If the rangers perform vehicle checks and you are found without a tow strap, winch or other proper recovery gear, expect to be told to GTFO.
DO NOT LITTER: We strive to keep the trails clean.
WHEN ENCOUNTERING BIKERS, DIRT BIKERS & HORSE BACK RIDERS: Pull it off to the side and SHUT IT DOWN and wait for them to pass. Our trucks can easily spook the horses & hurt someone, plus the horse back riders always appreciate it.

This is what I HIGHLY recommend:

The two times I've been to Wharton I never even saw a ranger. We even went past the rangers station and through a camp ground....

I don't carry straps, my brother has everything needed for recovery...

Where the hell are you taking us that we'd have these issues? :p:

Al, I would be glad to donate!

As for the equipment I like to be prepared so I will be bringing my full load out:

-Hi-lift with plenty of chain shackles exc
-A bunch of straps & tree savers
-Utility hitch winch (with block)
-Shovels
-Well stocked tool box
-Spare parts (spare wheel bearing, exc)
-Extra Fluids
-plastic tarp (beats laying down in mud)

I will be also bringing a 2 way set.

quote: Gabe96explorer " I'll buy a big ass bag of food from Monster Pets... yeeee."

quote: Mr.truckles "Al, I would be glad to donate!"

Thanks guys ! The Pic sounds like a good spot to me.

The two times I've been to Wharton I never even saw a ranger. We even went past the rangers station and through a camp ground....

Well I have been everywhere and been yelled at. LOL.

The trails back there are public roads, so you do need seatbelts and light covers and such. There are a few places in wharton where it gets kind of hairy, but I will arrange so we stay out of those areas.

Geez dreddog47, you get your air filter a little damp and suddenly you're all paranoid...

Geez dreddog47, you get your air filter a little damp and suddenly you're all paranoid...

no, I'm wondering where all this enforcement came from since I've never come across a ranger before. Wharton is usually referred to as a place for a bunch of south jersey good ol' boys gettin in their big ol' muddin pickups and splashin through some bigass mud pits trying to get as dirty as possible.

I didn't know that asking about things like, every vehicle must have headlight covers, and every vehicle must have a set of recovery tools was being paranoid, more like curious. Even rausch creek is less of a pain in the ass it sounds like :rolleyes:

no, I'm wondering where all this enforcement came from since I've never come across a ranger before. Wharton is usually referred to as a place for a bunch of south jersey good ol' boys gettin in their big ol' muddin pickups and splashin through some bigass mud pits trying to get as dirty as possible.

I didn't know that asking about things like, every vehicle must have headlight covers, and every vehicle must have a set of recovery tools was being paranoid, more like curious. Even rausch creek is less of a pain in the ass it sounds like :rolleyes:

...... Did I not just say that all the trails in Wharton are PUBLIC Roads? So that means truck need insurance & registration and also need to obide by standard road laws.

Common sense says you aren't suppose to rut up the trails or go off the trails into the vegetation. You stay on the trails and try not to destroy what is there, since all of the trails are shared by hikers, horse back riders, etc.

Where we will be going, are MARKED and LEGAL trails... the second you go off the trails into areas where you aren't suppose to be, be expecting to get some BIG OLE FINES.

I have seen rangers on the trails multiple times. I havn't been given a ticket for not having light covers but they did tell us they were required by law. If the ranger sees us and the rangers in a bad mood, they can ticket us if they want but most won't.

I didn't say you needed ALL of the recovery tools, but they do require you to have some kind of strap or recovery gear. (A shovel, a strap, basic offroading tools) but if you go in and don't have anything and get stuck.. the rangers will tell you "you should have brought yer gear"

Gotta love marked and legal. I lost one of my light covers so I'm probably just gonna go with a couple strips of black duct tape. (not that my lights have any glass left in them anyway) Meeting up at the pic sounds good to me. Maybe around 9 or so? or whatever time we all agree on. I would HIGHLY recommend bringing a spare air filter. Warm clothes and an extra set of boots and socks is always nice to have as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can we change it to Sunday? Is that possible for all you guys? I know my friend Matt who is the better trail guide will be available. The guy literally grew up on the trails.

Back