5.0 swap complete. ABS code c1102 and GEM errors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 swap complete. ABS code c1102 and GEM errors

njbronco

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1974 Ford Bronco Sport
so my swap is complete. still waiting for my rear driveshaft to come. Delaying putting on a full exhaust so i can drive it around with just the front cats lol. Only have a couple wiring issues. The GEM im not worried about as I read the codes and its all crap about the rear windshield wiper, and stuff like that. Little wierd since I didn't swap GEMs.

My issue is with the ABS code C1102. I did the the wires on the Gsensor, I don't remember the pins but one wire was pulled out of the abs module, one wire was splices to a wire in the abs module, and the third wire went to a splice in the grey connector pin 42 i think.

Can anyone get more info on the three wires and where they go??

With the sport tracs abs module installed I got a harness mismatch, so Right now I have the explores module installed on the abs motor, cleared that up but I can't get rid of the c1102. I thought maybe because I don't have the rear shaft, but I get the light as soon as the key is turned even when I clear it. ABS was working prior to swap on both vehicles. So im doubting the sensor is bad vs something being wired wrong.

found the wiring i followed for the g-sensors three wires...
orange/black wire splices into the ABS module pin 14, which is black/orange
yellow wire connects to pin 13 which is a black/white This wire no longer pins into the harness.
The orange/white goes to pin 1, there is no pin in this location so i pulled one from the donor.
Pin 19 on the ABS module, gets spliced into pin 32 on the grey firewall connector

Still not seeing any info on this. It’s got to be something with the how the g-sensor is wired. Everything seems fine with the abs, if I unplug a sensor then I get a code for it. Reconnect that wheel and the code goes away. I don’t have any of these wiring schematic that people seem to post from somewhere.

Can anyone get the abs wiring diagrams for a 99 explorer limited 5.0. And a 2001 Sport Trac Maybe I can figure out something that’s not pinned right

Never got this worked out yet, if anyone has any insight

Back