what tips should i get for my exhaust | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what tips should i get for my exhaust

theviper90210

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
ok well i got my dual exxhaust installed and now i need sometips, but wated some opinions and pictures and what tips i should get and where to get them, i was thinking of straight slash cut tips like Mustang style, but yall let me know what you think, my pipes are 2 1/4

HERES SOME PICS...

734149_20_full.jpg

734149_21_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd keep it the way you have it...easy to maintain! This is what I have 3" tips:

attachment.php

Hope this helps

-Drew

I have the same tips ExplorerDMB has, I like mine, it's single but I think it looks good, but mine does have small spots where its corroded (cheap from autozone) and its been on for like 1 year.

Go for the whistle-tips!!!

I love the black chrome tips pheezy had, I got the same ones just don't have them on yet.

150exhaust_tipsa.jpg

thanks for the pics guy, anymore if people hae some, but what kind of tips are those ExplorerSportNu

i got 2 1/2 inch dual chamber 2 flowmasters on my x

yeah i was wondering the samething what size tips u got on ur x explorersportnu and also what series you got

viper how does ur x sound with those exhausts u got

nice and deep, its one flowmaster 40 series and custom pipes back

viper u got a sound clip of ur exhaust

and did you check out my video my friend taped me taking off in my x

i orginally had dual exhuast coming out the sides with a mellow-tone muffler but took some of these guys tips and changed it swept side (one exit pipe) out the passenger side with a 40 series muffler and now i love the deep aggressive tone i get, sounds lot meaner, its a 4.0 sohc but sounds a lot like a V8 now

these are the tips i have. nothing fancy, but they work.

backend2.jpg

passexhaust2_1.JPG

theviper90210 they are toucan industries "black chrome" tips 18x3 2.5" tubing, I got mine from http://www.totalappearance.com/toucan.shtml the only place I could find them that didn't have an outrageous backorder or price I paid $95 for both ...

yea i dont have any sound clips yet maybe today i can get some ill let yall know

Back