Anyone use Explorer Pro Comp shocks? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone use Explorer Pro Comp shocks?

bwinterroth

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLS V6 SOHC
I am looking to put on new shocks in the front and rear and was wondering if anyone has used the Explorer Pro Comp shocks (ES9000 and ES3000). Are they any good.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ran ES3000s on my '99 for about a year. I would say they ride very nice. They were a little to soft for my offraoding and that was the only reason I swapped out to the Rancho RS5000s. Since my X is a street queen again it is getting the ES3000s again. ;)

I'm looking at the ES9000s right now, any opinions?

i just put es3000 on my truck last wkend, and i gotta say it gives a good ride. :thumbsup:

96xltexplorer said:
i just put es3000 on my truck last wkend, and i gotta say it gives a good ride. :thumbsup:
Compared to the stock ride ??

Where can they be had for the least expensive price ??

id have to say its better than stock ride. the shocks i took out were also real bad so as to compare couldnt really say. but love the way my truck rides now

The ES3000's handle well, but ride a bit rough. Much better than my worn out stockers, but not as good as my Skyjacker Nitro's.

we have the 9000's on our X. it did stiffin the ride up a lil but we deff like the road & trail manners much more now.

For $35/pc they were well worth it.

Back