• Register Today It's free!

2002 Explorer sport fuse layout

shaft

Reaction score
City, State
whittier cali
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 sort
Hey guys i'm having problems with my indash 6 disc cd changer and after seaching it seems it may be solved my removing pulling the radio fuse out and then putting in back in the problem is i don't exaclty know were my manual is so which fuse do i need to pull in the interior. any help is apreciated

I'm not sure if your sport is the same as my 02 EB but mine is #3 for the radio.

Hey guys i'm having problems with my indash 6 disc cd changer and after seaching it seems it may be solved my removing pulling the radio fuse out and then putting in back in the problem is i don't exaclty know were my manual is so which fuse do i need to pull in the interior. any help is apreciated

What is the problem you are having with your CD Changer?

I am having an issue with mine where the Unit is giving me a CD Error

Thanks

For an '02 Sport I think you pull fuse #29 for the audio unit. For an '02 Limited I believe it's #3, the same as for Critter's Eddie. Look in your Owner's Guide to be sure. If you lost the guide go here to look it up: http://www.genuineservice.com/genuineservice/en/default?page=Home

The idea is that pulling the fuse, waiting about 15 minutes, and then replacing the fuse will clear error codes that may have accumulated in the audio unit due to some glitch (kind of like rebooting your pc). If the unit is defective the error codes will return instead of clear.

There is a procedure for retrieving the error codes which may help in figuring out what's wrong with the audio unit. Let us know if pulling the fuse doesn't help. Or, let us know if it does help. :)

Back