Installing a Flowmaster?

mp88

Reaction score
City, State
Nesquehoning, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
Good whatever part of the day it is!
After reading a lot of these forums and other reviews (all from you, Explorer nuts), I took the initiative to order a Flowmaster 40 Series Delta. Hopefully it'll sound pretty nice.

That is all if I can figure out how to install it...

So I've got this whole thing down to the point of cutting the old muffler off and attaching the new one to the exhaust pipes. What I'm wondering is will I just be able to clamp this muffler on safely myself, or will it have to be "professionally" welded?

What did you all do?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the flowmaster is smaller, so you will need some pipe, something to cut the pipe and some clamps...

Does Flowmaster include any of these parts with the muffler?

i wouldnt think they would include it.. you will be very pleased with the 40 series delta flow cause thatd what ive got and love it

Ok, I'm sure Advance Auto would have some pipe and clamps off-hand. But with all this talk of clamping, is there a need to weld at all? I don't suppose there's a thread on here showing exactly how to install one...is there?

im not sure if there is a thread of not but u should be fine with clamping them and yeah advance auto have the clamps

any auto store will have them, and with clamps no weld is needed, just make shure to get them tight.

I just picked up a Magnaflow for myself a couple days ago... My ladyfriend is helping me install it between classes today... the only thing I've found with it is that the inner diameter if the inlet/outlet is just over 2 1/4"... I wasn't sure if I'd be able to just fit it right on with my stock pipe, so I went and picked up a couple 2 1/4" ID to 2 1/4" OD adaptors and a couple clamps... also, the entire muffler is 20" long, whereas the body of the stock muffler is 20" long, so it'll require a little extension... however, after this is done it's time for a rear-exit tailpipe!

Back