• Register Today It's free!

92 xlt tailpipe?

bayboy23

Reaction score
City, State
santa rosa. CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4.0 V6 2WD
i got a new flowmaster 40 series muffler and my friends dad says the stock resonator(?) would be a killer to that "flowmaster" sound. he used to own a muffler shop. he says i need to order a already bent tailpipe without a resonator on it because he doesnt have the pipe bender anymore to bend a straight tailpipe. every site i look at i can only find a tailpipe that comes in a whole exhaust kit with muffler and all that other stuff when i just need the piping from the outlet of the muffler to the back side exit. can anybody help me find that?

thanks, thats exactly what i was looking for. but if i just run it without that tailpipe on after the muffler is it going to be way too loud or what? is it illegal. i want it to sound like a v8 but not so like dirty sounding. or, would it be cheaper to get 8 feet of tailpipe for like 24 bucks and have a shop bend it for me?

its only illegal if you go to inspection with no tail pipe...when you put a t-pipe on it it will be louder b/c the sound echoes in all that pipe.ask a shop how much it woud be because the will probly try to screw ya. try a local auto parts store for the tail pipe its usually cheap enough.

Back