Quick Shock Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quick Shock Question

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello fellow "wedgewood blue" 98 X owner!

Typically yes but dont worry about it just yet. Slap the shackles and the AAL on for now. Wait till you flex it out on the trail and you'll know whether or not you need longer shocks.

If I were to get new shocks, do you know what size to get? Right now, I have that gut feeling that I need some new shocks if I extend the shackles any further than stock. Im looking at the Rancho 5000 but dont really know how big to get them.

If I were to get new shocks, do you know what size to get? Right now, I have that gut feeling that I need some new shocks if I extend the shackles any further than stock. Im looking at the Rancho 5000 but dont really know how big to get them.
Check the Rancho website, they might have an application chart. But the only real true way is to remove your current shock, flex out your vehicle as much as you can on a rock or something, and do the measurements then.

i've got 19's on the front and i beleive 27's on the rear....if that gives you a better idea but as izwack says, you need to check your vehicle out to see what you got and rancho and procomp both have info....wait a minute...we have a new sponser here....his name is shockguy....hit him up....

Back