rear window

lycan91

Reaction score
City, State
Yreka CA population 7,500 just shy of oregon border
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
hey all,
i was driving the other day and said hey im going to open my window. and i opened it and away i went. looked pretty dumb but heres my question is there a way to eaisly remove and reatach the window with out to much alignment problems? Why The Freak didnt ford make the windows like the B1 and B2's where it rolls down in the back
Edit: ha ill be more specific im tired. the rear hatch window. im a moron sometimes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

does not look like it.... you can be the first to figure it out tho.

The b2 window was stationary. Only the Bronco had the power rear window.
I would not drive with the hatch window open. It is not very secure & you may break it. Also exhaust fumes will come in.

You can take it off the hinges & unhook the struts. It's easy also long as everything is not broken or rusted.

The hatch hinges are rather flimsy, I would never drive with it open, unless really necessary. The nuts that hold it on at the top are behind the hatch trim panel.

Anybody know the going rate on one of those windows? I put a flag on mine about 5 years ago. Lately its so faded that I've been thinking of getting rid of it. I'd be surprised if it would just scrape off without damaging the window.

Anybody know the going rate on one of those windows? I put a flag on mine about 5 years ago. Lately its so faded that I've been thinking of getting rid of it. I'd be surprised if it would just scrape off without damaging the window.

Use a heat gun, it will melt it and bubble right up, makes it simple and quick to take it off.

would be pretty cool to do a bronco top mod, so you could take the top half of the roof off, like on the broncos.

Back