Tellico run 08 is a no go!!! What are we gonna do???? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tellico run 08 is a no go!!! What are we gonna do????

burns, wanna put me up if i fly out?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Everyone that is interested please post a month of when you will be able to go.

Please be advised that January 1st - March 31st some of the trails are closed to riding. More Info on the closure is HERE

Burns, you copied my sig color!

Keep in mind that in the summer month's it real hot and humid. But I'm open to pretty much any month and have plenty of vacation leave.

Just as in insight to some things....

There are NOT bypasses to alot of the trails. Slickrock does NOT HAVE a bypass. The left side of the actual rock is easy...the approach to the rock DOES NOT. It is not a joke. Also the ledge at the top of slickrock....NOT A BYPASS. This ledge is also not a joke.

No stockers or semi stockers will make it up there. They wont even make it up to slickrock.

Helicopter pad, guardrail, lower 2, schoolbus....no semi stocker will get even close. You will probably need 35s locked front and rear and not a care in the world about body damage and you MIGHT make it to those obstacles.

You might want to split up into groups based on size and ability. That way the bigger guys can run the big stuff and the little guys can stick to the smaller stuff.

Approach to Slickrock. There is more to it than this. It goes down a bit further too.

slick.JPG

Lower 2

54680ca2.jpg

Guardrail

IMG_0238.jpg

What I usually do is plan it out so that when someone is going through an obstacle, I can arrange to be to the other side at least to watch them. I would agree on 2 groups.

So who is planning to go on Rock Garden? This would be great to see.

If the time works for me, Ill tag along.

I'm up for lower 2 (if its still open at that time).

Sounds like we might have to split up then :D

slravene do partake, you can be our guide!!

oh, and homeless or not, i'm still coming!

Ahah yeah, I'm already contemplating how to tackle the right side. I seriously hope its dry when we're there. That rocks jutting out beside that guy on the "Lower 2" pictures looks like its going to need some serious air-down.

i am really stoked about seeing real rock crawling.

Well i will not be open f/r while im there. If i have to weld both diffs up i will.

I know what you mean pilot

i am really stoked about seeing real rock crawling.
You do know.. . that you're closer to more serious rock crawling than we are right? Instead of Tellico, there's Calico :D

Well i will not be open f/r while im there. If i have to weld both diffs up i will.
Weld the rear, and maybe an Aussie in the front :D

yeah, but i love the east coast, and i just want an excuse to go to new york....

Im coming, and i'll be in the hard group. I should have an ARB rear with 5.13's and a welded front and 42's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats prob what ill do or spool rear/aussie front
I say you just weld the rear differential -- spider gears for the 8.8 are everywhere so its easy if you decide to go back. With a full spool, you have to set the ring and pinion all over again (but not with a mini-spool).

Im coming, and i'll be in the hard group. I should have an ARB rear with 5.13's and a welded front and 42's
You have the furthest drive I think.

Back