kissimmee florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer xlt
i have a explorer xlt 4.0 sohc v6 a4wd
last week i lost reverse in my truck
so i worked around it
today i went out for lunch and truck wound out and i cant move anymore
i looked under the truck and there was atf fluid everywhere
opened hood and checked atf and found out that is was empty. put 5 quarts in so i could make it 2 miles to my job so its not in the road
and by the time i got to work it was empty again
what could this be. where could it be coming from.
i do know when i fill the t case up it has a small leak out of the front seal on the t case but its been that was for about 6 months. i crawled underneath it and opens the t case fill port up and i still had fluid in the t case but tranny is empty
thas about all the info i can give. i do gotta say that the fluid was all over the bottom of that truck i mean it started by the middle of the tranny and it ran all down the rear of the truck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take a look underneath, and see which parts looks wet. This will indicate where the leak might be coming from. It should be obvious if it's leaking this fast.

wow ur good ur all over my tread thanks greatly
ummm its kinda hard lol the whole truck it wet but i will take off the t case cover that runs from frame side to frame side so i can get a better look. ill let u know tomorrow on that. dare i ask whats the worst it could be???

if it was the vent wha could i do to fix that?

Just a guess...what about a simple pan gasket failure???

Back