• Register Today It's free!

Single Sub Wiring

junior426

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Hey there guys, with Circuit City going out of business, I just picked up a Kicker Comp C12 and a sealed box for $100 all together. Looking first off for which amp you guys reccomend. Im not looking to break the bank, but I dont want ****ty qualuty. I do know that this sub is 300W peak with 150RMS. Also need the wiring-for-dummies explanation. This is going into my 2002 Explorer. Get me hooked up with the info guys, I want to get this done in the next couple of days if possible.

Thanks,

Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you need to find out how many ohms that sub is before you start looking into amps. you can find lots of wiring diagrams for this. it really isnt that easy and a quality install by a shop is worth the money imho. caraudio.com has a forum that could help you out alot more;)

if you feel like pulling your car apart its not that bad of a project. power wire from battery to amp with a fuse or relay about 12 inches away from the battery. ground wire from the amp to the body or in my case frame. then rcas from back of head unit to amp along with a remote wire. then bam but you do need to figure out the ohms and all that crap. shouldnt be hard finding a amp to run that. just do yourself a favor mount the box down to something. that sub and box doesnt weigh much so it will slide. my system (3 12inch rf T1s in a ported box weighs about 250-300 lbs and that still slid till i mounted it.good steal on the sub your gonna be hooked and end up like me. well maybe not but.

IMAGE_046.jpg

best bet would be to check out AUDIO/NAVIGATION thread...

i would move your thread, but idk if i can or how to do that...

all i can say is dont go crazy on an amp... your sub isnt worth a great quality amp, i only say this because your sub power rating isnt high at all...

look into buying a second sub, then you could look for a better amp... IMO

best of luck !!!!!

My sub is rated for either 4 or 8 ohms. I know that this isnt the greatest quality but Im just looking for a little extra without breaking the bank.

Your setup is all anyone ever needs....I'd give anything to go back and put the $4000 I paid for my system back in the bank...just get a good mono amp for $100-$150 and call it a day and enjoy it
Posted via Mobile Device

im with auburnfan138 on this on haha. too much bass gets annoying after a while. plus i just had a hearing test and somehow in the past 8 months(since i got my system) i lost 9% of my hearing

i didnt spend no 4000$ on a system lol... i only spent 750$ and that price includes install...

HU - SPEAKERS - 2 CHANNEL AMP - 2 12'' SUBS - PORTED BOX

Back