Hello - rear heater / AC door actuator motor. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello - rear heater / AC door actuator motor.

eyeontech

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 EB Explorer 4x4
Hi, I am trying to fix a problem with what I think is my rear heater / AC door actuator motor in my '02 4x Explorer. Getting the ticking or banging noise from the rear driver side compartment. Makes the noise when the rear AC is on, but does seem to happen when even when all temp systems are off. Per my wife who is on me about making the noise go away before she goes crazy from the "bomb" noise ticking in the back of the car.

Anyway, any pics that might help a novice with the repair, I did get access to the unit yesterday, was not to bad, but noticed it was all sealed up and after reading the posts am thinking of going at it again but wanted to get some feedback first from the forum. Should I give try replacing the actuator or could it be something else? And are their 2 of them? Also is it best to go in from inside the car or can you get to it easier from under the wheel well by any chance?

Thanks,

Justin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, ton of info in these forums - thanks for moving my post,

Justin

I just got an 03 and i have the same problem. I have not had a chance to look into it so if you have found any info please let me know.

I have a 04 with the same problem, clicking noise from rear drivers side. Thanks for the info, this info solved the problem.

Hi, what part did you pick up, I still need to fix this issue with my 02, thanks!

ignore my last post, I double checked and saw the part that needed to be replaced was posted in a prior thread. Justin

Back