Manual transmission shifter extension | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Manual transmission shifter extension

detox77

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport
Hi I have an '03 explorer sport and want to do the 2" TT and 2" shackles with a 3" body lift, but I have a manual transmission and was wondering if I need to extend my shifter, and if so what is a good way to do so? Any help with this is much appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Someone else correct me if im wrong but im almost positive that the PA883 body lift kit comes with a shifter extender

Shifter extension for the manual is not included, must be purchased seperately. If I remember right its about $50 for it

Thanks! Does anyone know if the PRA-3700 shift extension will work with my '03 sport or would i have to fab my own?

Thanks! Does anyone know if the PRA-3700 shift extension will work with my '03 sport or would i have to fab my own?

If you look on mudmarine's write-up http://mudmarine.tripod.com/3bodyliftinstall/index.html you will see that he did his with an 01 Sport. To my knowledge he didn't have a manual trans, but he added to the Preps page that a #3700 shifter extension would be needed for a manual, so to my knowledge, that's all that you would need to do so. I'm sure there are other people on this forum that have done the 3" BL that also have manny's and I'm willing to bet that they would be more than willing to help. Sorry I couldn't be more help, but my lift was on an 02 Sport and I'm also running automatic, so I can't 100% verify on what you need for a manual. You could also try calling PA or Summit and asking for their opinion as well seeing as they make/sell extensions.

Back