Centerline Wheels 18" Champ Fitment on 02 X | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Centerline Wheels 18" Champ Fitment on 02 X

So I think I've narrowed down my wheel selection to these below... maybe it's just the "old man" IROC/Camaro/GN/Mustang dude in me reminiscing about the old Champ 500's back in the day.

539 8806 545 LO-PROMO PRICE!

18.0 x 8.0 hi-polish forged wheel

5.0"

Ford Explorer, Sport Trac, Ranger; Mercury Mountaineer; Lincoln Aviator; Jeep Wrangler (all yrs), Cherokee (all yrs), Grand (pre-99). ++ This 18-inch forged wheel weighs only 22 lbs and is stronger than a cast wheel ! ++ ~ Suggested retail $ 390 per wheel. LIMITED TIME OFFER AT $ 199 per wheel ! Order directly from Center Line to get this price. Thank you.

5-4.5"

$ 199

This seems to be an unusually pos offset compared to what most others are running here for an 8" rim. I'm going to combine these with 265/60/18's - probably Toyo Open Country AT's.

I'm guessing I'll have no inside rubbing issues. I'm curious how much these will stick out / how they will look. Anyone have any experience with Centerlines or other wheels with this offset?

Thanks.

-Freddy

:cool:

12683champxl.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Done did it! :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

looks good

Ok. Was aggravated since I put these things on because of a highway vibration at 60mph+ clearly attributable to having non-hubcentric wheels. Grr!!!! After calling Centerline and having a tech there give me some BS story of "this is how their designed. you only need centering rings if you're towing heavy loads..." I took it upon myself to track down some hubcentric ring adapters.

Trouble is, no one makes the size I need for the essentially the entire line of Centerline center bores and X's. Most Centerlines are turned with a 3.187" bore and as you know our Xs have a 70.5mm hub - chamferred a bit of course. I had to have these custom made by motorsport-tech.com for $100/set + shipping.

They are very nicely made from aluminum not plastic. I took the wheels off today, scrubbed the hubs down a bit with a wire brush, slapped some anti-seize on all parts and mounted the rings then wheels/tires. The difference in (1) vibration [gone] and (2) personal confidence is astounding. Zero vibration just by putting them on from 60mph on up where I had very annoying vibration before. I feel much better about long term durability of lugs and towing now. Anyone considering the rings for aftermarket rims, I highly suggest you get them.

I haven't seen those wheels on anything yet, pretty sharp!

I'm selling this wheel/tire set BTW as I'm returning my truck to stock. PM me. Hope this doesn't violate any rules or anything. If so, apologies and will adjust accordingly.

Back