• Register Today It's free!

Happy with mpgs

08XLT

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 XLT
All: Just took my 08XLT with V6 for about a 500 mile trip on mostly highway. I was curious what type of mileage I would get as my trip computer consistently showed high 17's for mostly around town driving. I did the computations using miles driven and gallons used to check the computer. I found out that I averaged 20.6 mpg going 65 to 70 mph over the trip. I consider that to be excellent given I had 3 adults and about 250 pounds of gear in the back. I'll take my EX over a car any day. Just thought I'd share.>>>AJ

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

good to here, many people would be surprised what just driving carefully does for gas mileage...take a look at Aldives quest for 30 thread you might get a kick out of that.

yea mine sucks in town too but I have been happy with it on the highway also.

To be honest I think its good in town as well. I haven't gone below 17 mpgs around town. People complain about gas mileage but I remember my first car was a Plymouth Duster with a 225 cu in slant six and that pig only got 14 mpg. Everything is relative. >>>AJ

My 06 V8 XLT gets better mileage than my previous 06 Jeep Liberty V6... go figure... happy me.. bigger truck.. bigger motor.. less gas!

When I drove my XLT off the lot last month it registered 12.2mpg.

I hit 18 yesterday, and it's still rising.
7.gif

Great milage !

My '07 XLT 4.0 is up to 20.2. I have a 65 mile ride each way to work - mostly highway that turns into bumper to bumper back ups every day...

I am most happy with that ! :thumbsup:

my 03 V8 gets 22mpg hwy doing 72mph w/ AC blasting, my 98 V8 gets about 21 hwy doing 65-70. ppl will be amazed at the mpg's these vehicles register.

Back