• Register Today It's free!

in dash dvd questions

sk84food22

Reaction score
City, State
Wildwood, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 2 door Sport
hello der everyone i am new on this site and i recentally purchashed a '99 Sport with about 100000 miles on it. it only came with a casette player which sucks so im stuck with radio for right now. i am thinking about putting in a in dash dvd player. my question is can a double din player fit in my sport or do i need to go with a single din flip up screen. also which ones would you recommed i have a budget of about $300 thanks everyone for reading i would appreciate the help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hello der everyone i am new on this site and i recentally purchashed a '99 Sport with about 100000 miles on it. it only came with a casette player which sucks so im stuck with radio for right now. i am thinking about putting in a in dash dvd player. my question is can a double din player fit in my sport or do i need to go with a single din flip up screen. also which ones would you recommed i have a budget of about $300 thanks everyone for reading i would appreciate the help

Welcome! Yeah, you can get a double din in there. I belive they make a actual dd kit for 95+ Explorers. You could prob get a nice Pioneer for about that online at ebay or somming. Alpine, Eclipse or Kenwoods arent bad either but mabey a bit more expensive. $300 at a stores gonna get ya sommin cheap. Dual.. Jensen.. Yeah.. no dice!! Good luck!

pep boys has a real nice pioneer touch screen dvd player dd and you can get the instal kit and harness while your there =]

a double din might fit not sure but i got a 7.5 flip pro audio jensen all the bells and wistles u need ipod,tv u can go digital with it,play station,all that **** u want in a entertainment system for a resonable price this was years ago dont know if they still make it look around u might find it but the hook is very simple get a harness for your xsport plug n play but theres that pink wire from the stereo for safety so u cant watch dvd or tv while driving this wire suppose to b hooked up to the parking brake but all u do is ground it and hook up a toggle switch 2 simulate the p brakes now u can watch dvd,tv while u drive just dont bang any thing.........like if i give a ****

I have a Kenwood double din with a 6.5" screen, couldnt wait for the double din dash kit to ship if I ordered it, so I went for it myself, I have a 95' Sport, and I dont know what the dash kit would even do, I had to cut a good 1/2" more out of the opening to get mine in.

Back