Picked up an(other) F150

Charlie

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited
Well, I've done it now...I picked up another F-150 on Friday. What is this one? Well, it's a '95 regular cab, long bed. It has the 300 straight six (4.9L) motor, tied with the 5spd transmission. It is in great shape overall, except a little bit of front end damage. Once I replace the front turn signal, it won't really be noticeable, just a few small scratches, which hopefully will buff out. It's only got 94k miles, and runs strong. It also has the hard top cover, which although will be annoying at times, I like, because I can lock stuff in the bed, as well as keeping stuff clean and dry (that is the main thing I don't like about pickups, is that there isn't much "dry" storage space. Well, now I have plenty of that! It also has nice aluminum wheels, with 31" BFG tires. Here it is.. (not the best picture, taken from cell phone while parked up against my house, so I can't really back away from it..)

11-18-09_0939.jpg

I liked the '87 so much, I decided to get another:D I just wanted one that was a little nicer..which I now have.

The damages to my wallet for the truck - $1000. Which, if I do say so myself, is pretty good.

The one major thing I didn't realize at the time I got it..which does bother me...is that it doesn't have cruise control. I'm going to have to figure out if there is some way I can rig it up, otherwise, I guess I will just have to live with it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can buy aftermarket cruise controls. I have one on my truck but look at a similar truck with cruise and figure out were the control box is. My truck already had the wiring for cruise control so it would have been plug and play but I didn't know that.

Good deal on the truck. Got to love that motor, there is a reason most airports ordered trucks with the V6. I sure do prefer those style F150s over the previous one. I had two 90s, a 92 and a 95. The 92 and 95 were a lot more fun to drive and work on. Have fun with it :)

dang and i just threw away a aftermarket cruise control from my 75 Van.

Got some more pictures today...and showing the damage...

It's not bad, but on my "to do" list.

11-18-09_1258.jpg

11-18-09_1259.jpg

11-18-09_1300.jpg

11-18-09_1301.jpg

11-18-09_1302.jpg

11-18-09_1303.jpg

11-18-09_1304.jpg

Back