• Register Today It's free!

B&M Shift Improver

SSR

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago Ridge, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Today I installed B&M's shift improver kit (part # 70383). What a waste of my time, there was NO noticeabel difference. Essentially the kit contains, a T fitting, some vacum line, and a valve. All it does is allow air in the line before the vacum line to the trans, making the trans think it has less vacum than is really present. For $50, I could punch a hole in the vacum line myself. Anyone else ever try this product?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anyone?

I have the electric version of this product and I am quite satisfued.

ditto. the only thing is the module gets really warm. I'm gonna glue a cpu heatsink to each side to help keep it cool.

Yeah, the electronic version is great. It feels like its gonna break something it shifts so fast/hard on setting 2.

thats good to know, but this vacum version sucks a$$. Does anyone know if anyone makes an internal shift kit for the A4LD?

do any of you have the 302 engine? i want to put in the electronic kit but i thought it wouldnt fit a 98 explorer. for who it was with the 96 and the 302 what transmission number it it you have. i have the 4R70W so if you have the same transmission and used the electronic deal please let me know because i would really like to get it.

Yes, the electronic version will work on yours. Check it out here: Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

check out this link to our man hank's write up on a remote transmission filter.

our man Jon has the shift improver kit i believe, youll have to ask him.

Back