Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 45 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ooh...cold air intake, seeing that you have an 05....Well on second thought there are a few solutions. I do have a solution, if you want to PM I can discuss it. Also caldwell has a solution for a CAI.

EDIT: Explorerman, Do you have the V6 or V8

isnt there a problem with cold air intakes on 04 also? casue i wanna put one on my 04 but i heard there is no kit for it

isnt it defeating the purpose of having a CAI that is not isolated from the engine compartment? the intake is taking in all the warm air from the engin bay.
i may be wrong but does it still help having it this way???

glad to see that this worked out for you Nate !!!!!

Yeah, just another one of the many obstacles I faced during this whole intake installation :rolleyes: All I can do is just try to figure out a way around it.
Now that its all finished, it turned out better than I expected! At least now the filter isn't raping the side/front of my engine bay. :p:

Ooh...cold air intake, seeing that you have an 05....Well on second thought there are a few solutions. I do have a solution, if you want to PM I can discuss it. Also caldwell has a solution for a CAI.

EDIT: Explorerman, Do you have the V6 or V8

I have the V6 but I have seen a couple threads on cold air intakes for the 4.0.

Yes, there are a few now, thanks to caldwell for finding and posting the information! :thumbsup: The 04-10 are different than the 02-03's so just watch out for that.

Nate, when did you change your name? I'm looking at it and thinking, "hey that landscape looks a lot like Nate's landscape in Ogden"!!! :dunno:

Nate, when did you change your name? I'm looking at it and thinking, "hey that landscape looks a lot like Nate's landscape in Ogden"!!! :dunno:
Haha...
Last night. I figured NHarris more suitable for the forum name.

I thought with your winter coming up the icecube would of hung around a bit longer..;)

that looks sweet Nate, im still trying to find the spectre parts to do stage 2!! my muffler is in country but still waiting for it to be posted west.

Just too bad the company stopped offering that intake...it was only $30.00 USD. Another $55.00 in other parts (filter & housing) and this intake is good to go. :)

Nate,

why did you have to expose your sensor wiring ?

Nate,

why did you have to expose your sensor wiring ?

Reason is I tried splicing in an 02-03 MAF sensor, but that didn't work out too well...

EDIT: I don't think its affecting the performance or anything, am I wrong?

took some more pictures of my ex. hope yall like them.
c8b8d92f.jpg

9f818ddf.jpg

took some more pictures of my ex. hope yall like them.
c8b8d92f.jpg

9f818ddf.jpg

I am thinking of moving my fog lights into the grill area as well, they look good there. Have any up close pics of what you mounted them to? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello all - been using this site for awhile and finally got around to registering. My first post so here she is hope the pics show up.
100_4096.jpg
100_4098.jpg
100_4099.jpg
100_4097.jpg
100_4100.jpg
100_4101.jpg

Back